Kansas non-resident license question

Beecher

Kansas non-resident license question

Post by Beecher » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:21 pm

The online rules for Kansas state that anyone born after 1957 must have passed certified hunter course to buy a license to hunt, I am from Indiana and I do not need this as I was born before the Indiana cutoff date of 1986. I will need a non-resident license for pheasant hunting Kansas. Is there no way around this?

natetnc

Re: Kansas non-resident license question

Post by natetnc » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:24 pm

not unless you want to attest that you have taken the course.

birdhunt

Post by birdhunt » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:41 pm

I suggest you contact them thru their website, and get an answer from them..............

hotrod13

Post by hotrod13 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:13 am

I live in Oklahoma and I also was able to hunt here because I was old enough to miss the cutoff date, but had to have a number to hunt in Kansas. I just went and took the course (I hunt in Kansas 15 to 20 times a year). I know it is a pain, but if you plan on hunting in Kansas I would just take the course.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:18 am

Same here in Illinois, I went and took the class and test this year, now for last year well thats a different story altogether :wink:

Chip

Perdido

Post by Perdido » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:56 pm

N.M. requires Hunter's Safety as well. I was born well before the requirement dates but I have attended the class with 3 of my five kids and will attend again this spring with my grandson.

I never felt like any of the time or money was wasted. Just take the course, it may save your life. :)
PVA.org needs you to send them 3 bucks.

Orangecrush

Post by Orangecrush » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:35 am

Kansas allows you to purchase an "apprentice" non-resident license for your first year. This license allows you to hunt in Kansas without taking the hunter safety course first; however, you must hunt with a properly licensed hunter. For instance, my brother-in-law does not meet the qualifications to buy a non-resident license, but he bought an "apprentice" license the first of this year and can hunt with my dad or myself because we both meet the criteria for our license. The apprentice license is only good for one calendar year and can not be renewed. You must take the safety course to get a second non-resident license.
"You've got to say, I think that if I keep working at this and want it badly
enough I can have it. It's called perseverance."
~ Lee Iacocca ~

Hunter

Post by Hunter » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:38 am

Thats good to know, here in Iowa you must have it also, I got mine just to be able to hunt out of state. Where in Kansas is good pheasant hunting as I was just watching a show on TV and they were hunting pheasants in Kansas on public ground and moving hundreds of birds a day. I go to SD allot but am getting tired of paying my lifes savings to hunt out there eventhou thier are a ton of birds. I would like to take a hunt down that way next season if I knew what area to go and if thier was plenty of land to hunt. I cant belive LIving here in Iowa, whitched USED to be the pheasant capital of the world that I am asking for places to hunt but until they do something different here our numbers and habitat will continue to drastically decline.
Jerry Alden

2X NGDC/GFC/FC Clk's Point Me The Way ( Allie ) http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=2765

Shadow

Post by Shadow » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:07 pm

what show were you watching-

Maverick57

Post by Maverick57 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:38 am

I too live in NM, and to Hunt in Colo. I had to take Hunter Safety, You can teach and ole FarmGirl a trick or too, there were others around my age there for the same reason in the class it was an enjoyable week of talking to other Hunters and learn ing new things Take a Hunter Safety Class In your state, You wil be glad you did and then you can Hunt in different states with no problem Good Luck
Maverick 57

If you are not the lead Dog, The view never changes !

Good Girls Seldom Make History !