A Week's Wanderings

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

A Week's Wanderings

Post by DGFavor » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:55 pm

Managed some fun hunts and wandering this week. Not sure my ol' bod can take much more - lookin' forward to getting back to work so I can relax a little!! ;)

Chasin' Mearns

Re: A Week's Wanderings

Post by Chasin' Mearns » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:20 pm

Photo art without reservation!

NICE!

Steve

NE Vizsla

Post by NE Vizsla » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:26 am

You take some great photos, nothing like that here in Nebraska.

NVgsp

Post by NVgsp » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:02 am

nice pics doug!!! the dogs look real good. is it the fourth photo that you couldnt wait to see. if it is, i can tell why...what a great pic. he's a gorgeous lookin' dog.

i worked out a few kinks in that tracker. one note however, have you ever had a frequency drift five units? pretty crazy huh? its the only tone i could get was five units down... :roll: i might go out and work with 'em this afternoon. talk to you soon.
Chris

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:53 am

Thanks guys! Worked my buns off all summer to have a few extra days off this fall so trying to make the most of 'em. Told myself I'd stay home today and be fresh for work tomorrow but starting to feel the need for an afternoon jaunt! I'm weak! :lol:

Chris, I've had 'em drift a couple units - never 5. My 216 200 gets the best signal when I dial in at 216 199 and my 216 100 best at 216 098. Whenever I notice the signal quality/strength seems to go down and I know the batteries are fresh, I'll sit down with the transmitter turned on and search thru the neighboring frequencies on my receiver to see where I get the best signal - I then enter that frequency for that transmitter. Usually it has just drifted a couple. If the signal seems poor no matter what I do then I figure it needs serviced. My buddy Alex just cleaned up the contact points on his and noticed an immediate difference in signal strength.

Oh yah, that is the pic I was hoping would turn out. Color really washed out due the high midday sun, plus I know it's a point on a doe and fawn mule deer so takes the fun out of it for me. We sure thought we were on the birds though when I found him standing there!! Doh!!! :oops: :oops:

BCA1228

Post by BCA1228 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:01 pm

Awsome pics. You are quite the photog. That's some beautiful country you have out there.

dawgmama

Post by dawgmama » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:32 pm

Wow! Amazing pics, beautiful dogs!

With country that big, and your tracking collars, I assume you ride your horse to the dog's point? Too cool!

I'd love that, combining two of my passions, bird dogs and horses. Ahhh.... maybe someday!

Good to see that you are enjoying life to the fullest. "Live like you were dying".
"Dead Bird!! Fetch it up!!"
2 English Setters and a 'beasty boy' Wirehair pup in our family of hunters.

dog dr

Post by dog dr » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:48 am

you definitely have a talent for photography. awesome pics, keepem coming!

TexasAggie09

Post by TexasAggie09 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:48 pm

I would definately frame the second and third pictures. Absolutely beautiful.

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:44 pm

Thanks for the compliments - taking some photos is a fun adjunct hobby to go along with the dogs and horses. I took all those pics with a new little point and shoot Lumix LX3. Not as fun as shooting an SLR but much easier to pack along on those chukar hunts for sure and seems to capture some decent shots. A real nice camera for the hunting vest.

I screwed up the chukar shot - panic'd and started touching buttons I shouldn't have!! :oops: Stitch haulin' one back: