ILLINOIS HUNTERS

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

ILLINOIS HUNTERS

Post by lvrgsp » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:39 pm

Here is some updated info on the pheasant hunts here in IL supported by us the hunters through our permits and licences.
Chip

Hello everyone, please take the time to fully read this article.

I have been receiving emails all weekend about Governor Rod Blagojevich’s decision to cut the state’s pheasant hunting program. I spoke to my contact in Springfield, IL and he told me that it is pretty much a done deal and that they are also going to go after hunt tests and field trials next. Please take the time to read the article below which was published by the NRA regarding the attack on Illinois’s controlled pheasant hunts. To read the article on the NRA website click on the following link, http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?id=3681

Below, you will find a listing of the dates, times, and locations of events we encourage hunters to attend, to make sure their opposition to ending these Controlled Pheasant Hunts is understood. Please make plans to attend one near you, and bring your fellow hunters and supporters of hunting along. Again, I have already received over 100 emails about this from some very outraged outdoorsman so please remember to be very professional about what you have to say. We do not want to arm Governor Rod Blagojevich with any negative behavior on our part. Please pass this email along to all your family and friends.

Controlled Pheasant Hunts Under Attack in Illinois!

Friday, March 14, 2008

One of the efforts promoted by the anti-hunting “animal rights” extremists at The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) is calling for an end to state-run Pheasant Stocking Programs. These programs provide game birds for hunting opportunities, but in Illinois, the program is under attack! NRA has been told that the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) has been instructed by Governor Rod Blagojevich's (D) Administration, that due to budget cuts, it will have to close down pheasant propagation sites, thus putting an end to IDNR's Controlled Pheasant Hunts. This, in spite of the fact that the program is heavily funded by fees paid by hunters, themselves. These Hunts are often the only opportunity for hunters in Illinois to take part in harvesting pheasant. Governor Blagojevich masquerades as a supporter of hunters and law-abiding gun owners, while consistently promoting anti-hunting and anti-gun efforts. It is no wonder he is highly regarded by HSUS. NRA has always held that anti-gun zealots first target certain guns, then target hunters, and this effort is more confirmation of such tactics.

While the Illinois General Assembly continues what seems to be a never-ending struggle over the Illinois budget, several Town Hall Meetings have been scheduled throughout the state to allow citizens to offer their input on budget-related issues. Below, you will find a listing of the dates, times, and locations of events we encourage hunters to attend, to make sure their opposition to ending these Controlled Pheasant Hunts is understood. Please make plans to attend one near you, and bring your fellow hunters and supporters of hunting along.

Northwest Suburbs: 3/17/2008 at 6:30pm
State Representatives Crespo, Froehlich (Hosts)
Prairie Center for the Arts – Theatre
201 Schaumburg Ct.
Schaumburg, IL

Tazewell County: 3/17/2008 at 6:00pm

State Representative Smith (Host)

The Festival Building
2200 E. Washington

East Peoria, IL

Champaign: 3/18/2008 at 6:00pm

State Representative Jakobsson (Host)

Parkland College

2400 West Bradley Avenue Room D244

Champaign, IL

Aurora: 3/18/2008 at 6:00pm

State Representative Chapa LaVia (Host)

Copley Theater

8 E. Galena Blvd.

Aurora, IL

McHenry County: 3/19/2008 at 6:30pm

State Representative Franks (Host)

McHenry College Conference Center
8900 US Highway 14

Crystal Lake, IL

Cicero: 3/19/08 at 6:00pm

State Representative Hernandez (Host)

Morton College, Building A

Jedlicka Performing Arts Center

3801 South Central Ave.

Cicero, IL

Joliet:

State Representative McGuire (Host)

03/20/08 at 6:00pm

Joliet Township High School

West Campus

401 North Larkin

Joliet, IL

Rock Island:

State Representatives Boland, Verschoore (Hosts)

03/24/08 at 6:00pm

County Building

3rd Floor, County Board Room

1504 3rd Avenue

Rock Island, IL

North Suburbs:

State Representatives Nekritz, May, Ryg, Hamos, Washington (Hosts)

03/24/08 at 3:00pm

Northbrook Village Hall

City Council Chambers

1225 Cedar Lane

Northbrook, IL

Kankakee:

State Representatives Dugan, Gordon (Hosts)

03/24/08 at 6:00pm

Kankakee Community College-Auditorium

100 College Dr.

Kankakee, IL

South Suburbs:

State Representatives Miller, W. Davis, Riley, Scully (Hosts)

03/25/08 at 6:00pm

South Suburban College

Kindig Performing Arts Auditorium

15800 State St.

South Holland, IL

Chicago: South

State Representatives Golar, Howard, M. Davis, Dunkin, Colvin, Jefferies, Flowers, Patterson, Rita (Hosts)

03/25/08 at 5:30pm

Kennedy-King College Theatre

6301 S. Halsted St.

Chicago, IL 60621

Rockford:

State Representative Jefferson (Hosts)

03/25/08 at 6:00pm

Zeke Giorgi Building-Auditorium

200 S. Wyman

Rockford, IL

Chicago: West:

State Representatives Arroyo, Graham, Yarbrough, Ford, Turner, Collins, Soto,

Mendoza (Hosts)

03/26/08 at 6:00pm

Bethel New Life Auditorium

1150 N. Lamon St.

Chicago, IL

Metro East:

State Representatives Beiser, Hannig, Holbrook, Reitz, Younge (Hosts)

03/26/08 at 6:00pm

Belleville West High School

Commons Area

4063 Frank Scott Parkway

Belleville, IL

Chicago: North

State Representatives D'Amico, Lang, Lyons, Feigenholtz, Fritchey, Harris, R. Bradley (Hosts)

03/27/08 at 6:00pm

Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center - Olson Auditorium

836 W. Wellington Ave.

Chicago, IL

Chicago: Southwest

State Representatives Brosnahan, Burke, Joyce, McCarthy, Molaro (Hosts)

03/27/08 at 6:00pm

Oak View Community Center

4625 W. 110th St.
Oak Lawn, IL

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:54 pm

The people at Des Plaines Wildlife Area have just been told there would be no Illinois public land pheasant hunting next year. Don't know any more than that as of now.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

dog dr

Post by dog dr » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:17 am

i have been hearing rumors of this since last year. looks like we are gonna get the shaft again from our lovely governor. how convenient also that all but one of the meeting sites are in the Chicago area. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE call or write your state senators or reps. if we make a big enough stink maybe we can save this.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:47 am

Dog Dr,

We do need to try and get something done. The locations of the town hall meetings are a little suspect to me also. Not quite as bad as Dog Dr stated but still half or better in the immediate Chicago and suburb area and several more some where near with only three I believe in the southern 2/3s of the state and nothing south or east of St Louis. Our director of Wildlife management is the guvs pawn and has no knowledge of the wildlife area and as far as I can find out has no knowledge of hunting or fishing.

It's sad but you can see this coming all over if we don't get involved with our local and state governments. My own personal opinion is we need to climb on board with out agriculture leaders and between the two of us we might have a little stronger voice in the political fields that are involved.

Ezzy

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

dog dr

Post by dog dr » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:10 am

i just talked to terry musser, who is with the DNR and is head of the controlled pheasant hunting program (I believe) and this is the gist of what he said: the powers that be in DNR want to ax the program, mostly due to the budget cuts DNR has experienced over the last few years under gov. blagojevich. Musser has been suggesting since '96 that they gradually increase the fee associated with the pheasant hunting in order to make it more self sufficient, but he has not been allowed to speak to the generally assembly regarding that. why they need assembly approval to increase a USER fee (not a tax) is beyond him. he said the best thing we can do is to attend one of the meetings and/or contact our state congressman. i am telling everybody i can think of that would be interested in this, hopefully you all are spreading the word as well.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:18 am

Dog DR

As I stated in the PM I sent, I think we all need to get every club in the state to attend since they can speak for a lot of people. Our field trials are on the line also from what I hear. The concenus of opinion seems to be that if the hunting and trials are done away with then the state won't have to have people stationed at the WMA's.

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Post by BigShooter » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:41 am

IMO these types of changes have the potential to affect all of us in the short term as well as in the long run. As eastern States lose bird populations that tends to increase non-resident pressure on States with decent bird populations and hunting opportunities. This increased non-resident pressure then drives residents to seek relief by asking for non-resident restrictions.

These restrictions start out as significantly high non-resident license fees that are for short periods rather than season long and move on to things like no non-resident hunting on State owned lands during the first ten days or so of a season.

I am aware of the low impact non-residents can have in a State's political process but please let me know if there is something us non-residents can do to help.

birddog1220

Post by birddog1220 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:06 am

tonight there is a meeting at joliet west high school at 6:00pm for anyone in the area it would be great if you could attend. there should be a few different dog clubs there tonight. remember if we lose this, all ft.-ht are next.

jim ritze