Reporting from Missouri.

Stoneface

Reporting from Missouri.

Post by Stoneface » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:14 pm

The pre-season looked stellar, but when Woodcock season rolled in I decided to focus there until that season was over before chasing other species. Went out after quail weekend before this past and didn't find a thing, though we did see where folks reported getting into birds that same day. This past weekend I left out on Thanksgiving evening and headed for the Iowa line. Hunted all day between St. Joseph and the Iowa line looking for phez and quail and didn't see a think. Tons of ducks, but no upland. Some fishermen said they bumped a phez. The next day hunted my way back home to SW Missouri from Kansas City. Leap frogged public lands and hit some areas I have heard good reports from and have gotten into birds in the past. Nothing but one very small covey. All my go-to spots have been plowed under and left barren. Gonna give it a break.

Probably the week before Christmas am planning a trip to Iowa to hunt phez with a friend who gets into birds. Will post an update when I make it home.
www.PoetryShootingClub.com
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------
"I have found it far more pleasuable pursuing the game with a fine dog and enjoying his performance than the actual shooting." -Robert G. Wehle