Accomadations in Mitchell, SD

Reech

Accomadations in Mitchell, SD

Post by Reech » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:14 pm

Our group is in the beginning stages of planning a trip to Mitchell, SD this year. We were going to try camping but the few places I called are closed in November. If anyone has any recommendations on where to stay it would be greatly appreciated.

Would apprecaite any and all help.

Reech

Doughboy

Re: Accomadations in Mitchell, SD

Post by Doughboy » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:35 am

The wife and I stayed at the Kelly Inn once and it is really nice and very dog friendly, but I don't remember the rates. I am sure if you look around most of the places to stay in Mitchell are probably dog friendly most places are in SD. The Kelly Inn is probably a little more costly than you are looking at especially compared to camping. I don't know which direction you are hunting from town either, but some of the smaller towns(Parkston which is south for esc.) around have some nice accomadations as well very hunter and dog friendly and probably cheaper than Mitchell. Wish I could be more help I grew up in the area, but don't know much about the lodging.

SeniorCoot

Re: Accomadations in Mitchell, SD

Post by SeniorCoot » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:30 am

I like the folks at the Thunderbird lodge- just off I-90 in Mitchell.Met the owner Chris Culhane years ago whilst hunting snows one spring- very good rates and a nice place-I think his nephew is now in charge of daily ops. They had a nice Bkfst and pool- liquor outlet.