Pointers needing help!

Birdhunter1

Pointers needing help!

Post by Birdhunter1 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:50 am

I have just got to brag a little bit. Last Saturday at our hunting club these guys came down and had two english pointers. They had so many birds that they wanted that we ended up putting one half of them out, then after the guys came in we went and set the other half.
When they came in they said the dogs really weren't up to par, we offered to come out and help them if they wanted and they said they might take us up on that. Well they went out and tried again and after about 30 minutes they came back and ask if we would still come out and help them. It broke my heart to take my Brittany out there and have him show those two pointers how to find birds. My boy gave the job all he had and did the best job I have ever seen him do, and like always everytime someone missed he would turn his head to me with a "what the heck" look on his face.
Like I said it just absolutely broke my heart to take him out there and have him show those pointers how it was done.

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:02 am

Great Job! If your Brittany is ever having a bad hair day, let us know, we'll send a shorthair up there! lol :D

Kidding aside makes you feel good when your dog shows off huh! It’s hard to beat that feeling....

Birdhunter1

Post by Birdhunter1 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:25 am

grant wrote:Kidding aside makes you feel good when your dog shows off huh! It’s hard to beat that feeling....
It is a great feeling, just a touch of how my dad must feel everytime I have done great in a sport or anything else.

Don't orry Grant, you won't have to make the long trek from GA to IL to help me out, there are plenty of folks around here who would love for me to ask them to bring thier pointers out to the field to help my brittany, in fact they'd be lined up and bidding to do it.

Country-Side Breeders

Post by Country-Side Breeders » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:37 am

There's nothing more rewarding than watching your dog(s) do their best in the field...even if we do occasionally miss those birds! :oops:

gsprescuewi

Post by gsprescuewi » Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:40 pm

Birdhunter1: I got two rescued english pointers who would give your Brit a run for her nose money! tehe. Name the field.

gsprescuewi

Post by gsprescuewi » Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:41 pm

Whoops! HIS nose!!

Birdhunter1

Post by Birdhunter1 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:07 am

If so then you have great dogs. It'd be worth trying just to watch the show.

gsprescuewi

Post by gsprescuewi » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:15 pm

Talk about pride, when you see broken dogs, left behind, rise above, and BECOME what they were meant to be! Unfortunate that because they do not have KNOWN pedigrees, they can never enter field trials. Another of my life long missions, to change that.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:01 am

Lisa,

I knew a woman back in TX that went through some kabuki dance to get a limited registration or indefinite listing privilege that allowed her to compete in obedience with a Lab that she rescued from the humane shelter.

Best regards,

gsprescuewi

Post by gsprescuewi » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:50 pm

Yes, AKC Infinate Limited Registration is possible. However, it does not allow that dog to run NSTRA or similar field trials, which is a true shame. What makes one dog better then the other just because he's got a pedigree? Absolutely nothing far as I can see. Then again, all our dogs are altered prior to adoption because we cannot prove their lineage, thus there is no reproduction; so there should be no threat amongst some of these hunting groups, but there still is. Just another of my million missions in life!