German Testing Brags

Kurzhaar

German Testing Brags

Post by Kurzhaar » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:36 am

Folks:

Two weekends ago my dog, Ansel vom Erntemond, passed the Solms with all 4s to earn a Prize 1. He did a wonderful job and I am quite pleased. Now I just need to get his hips evaluated.

In the same test, Annie vom Speidel, owned by Steve Waters earned a Prize 1 in the AZP with all 4s. She is sired by my stud, Sam.

This past weekend another son of Sam did well. Amos vom Gansehimmel passed the VGP with a Prize 3. His handler was testing in is first VGP and did a good job preparing "Baile" for the test.

Pheasant season starts this weekend and I will have Ansel and Sam out in the field chasing they wily Iowa Ditch Chickens.

Jim

sudiegirl

Post by sudiegirl » Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:02 pm

congratulations jim!! and to the dogs too of course!

jkoehler

Post by jkoehler » Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:52 pm

This may be a dumb question but what do you mean by "getting the hips checked" on a GSP

Kurzhaar

Hips

Post by Kurzhaar » Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:11 pm

Good question.

For a DK to be eligible for breeding it must meet several criteria. First, it must pass a test where it is required to retrieve a duck from swimmable water i.e. Solms/AZP, HZP, VGP. Second, it must receive a conformation rating of "Good" or better. Third, it must be deemed Hip Dysplasia Free. That is what I meant by having his hips done.

Jim