Pups First Point!!

Ontariofella

Pups First Point!!

Post by Ontariofella » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:17 pm

Loon is 13 weeks old today and pointed her first bird this morning, a nice ruffed grouse! She locked up on this bird for about 10-15 seconds before flushing it 50 yards and finding it again! Before today, she has seen a good handful of grouse, but she always chased them and flushed them. This was her first real point.

One thing I learned is that I'm definitely keeping the check cord on her from now on lol. Her recall has been great and the cord was hanging up on brush so I took it off. That was a big mistake cause I had a helluva time catching her after she took off on this bird. Lesson learned.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

deseeker

Re: Pups First Point!!

Post by deseeker » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:49 pm

looking good :D

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:57 pm

I love that picture!! :) Enjoy.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:11 pm

Many more to come!

Garrison
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:08 am

If you have already, get a solid core checkcord. much less likely to tangle on the brush.
Nice pup, I like the color......Cj

Ontariofella

Post by Ontariofella » Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:15 am

Thanks guys!
cjhills wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:08 am
If you have already, get a solid core checkcord. much less likely to tangle on the brush.
Nice pup, I like the color......Cj
How can I tell if it's a solid core? I bought the 30' sportdog check cord because it was the only one my local sporting goods store carried. I cut it down to 20' to help manage better in the brush but it's still snagging sometimes.