Another good weekend at So Cal NSTRA

oldbeek

Another good weekend at So Cal NSTRA

Post by oldbeek » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:19 pm

Didn't run NSTRA in December because I had Covid for 15 days. Dog and I got out of shape. Guess I am ok now. Snowed all weekend. Miss and I took a second, third and a fourth place in 4 different trials with a field of 28 dogs. 2 dogs from North Dakota and quite a few from Northern California region. She had 4 finds and retrieves in each run. Lots of fun and a great bunch of guys. Next trial is Feb 6-7 if anyone wants to come out and watch or run. Great way to extend the season.

Garrison

Re: Another good weekend at So Cal NSTRA

Post by Garrison » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:49 pm

Out of shape and recovering with a second, third and fourth. Listen to this guy! :lol: Those youngsters don’t stand a chance in February.
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:51 pm

Way to keep on keeping on!

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:40 am

Team oldbeek must be h3ll on wheels when they're in shape :P Congrats!

Dakotazeb

Post by Dakotazeb » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:00 pm

So you had a chance to meet my buddy, Dean Goodall, from North Dakota. I see his little Brittany, Fly, took a 1st place. That dog finished 2nd at the 1st ever National Amateur Trial a month or so ago. Dean has some good dogs.
Janee's August Breeze - Bree
http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigree. ... erations=5

NSTRA Champion Godfather's Dakota Elle 2008-2016
https://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigree ... erations=5

oldbeek

Post by oldbeek » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:49 am

I really liked Deans little Brittany. I would like to get one out of that breeding. She is precious and a rocket. Deans little setter beat me in number of birds found but she isn't retrieving well yet. Dean is a great guy. He mentored several kids running his dogs over the weekend. He also came down to so cal to judge our regional.

Dakotazeb

Post by Dakotazeb » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:32 pm

oldbeek wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:49 am
I really liked Deans little Brittany. I would like to get one out of that breeding. She is precious and a rocket. Deans little setter beat me in number of birds found but she isn't retrieving well yet. Dean is a great guy. He mentored several kids running his dogs over the weekend. He also came down to so cal to judge our regional.
That little Brittany named Fly was also the 1st runner-up the Purina Endurance last September and his little setter, Stevie, was 2nd runner-up. Stevie is a 2X NSTRA champion. Not sure what the retrieving issue was about.
Janee's August Breeze - Bree
http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigree. ... erations=5

NSTRA Champion Godfather's Dakota Elle 2008-2016
https://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigree ... erations=5

oldbeek

Post by oldbeek » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:36 pm

Not sure what the retrieve issue was but Dean said she didn't get good scores for her retrieves. I didn't look a the score sheet to tell you anymore. I only bested her by 5 points at 812. Not uncommon for my dog to get 90s on retrieves. It was snowing and I was more interested in getting the podium pictures and get the fields broke down. I don"t do well pulling my 5r in the snow in the dark. Dean had his big trailer transport rig and also wanted to get out of there. Big black snow cloud bearing down on us in the mountains.It was a fun weekend in the mud and snow.