NSTRA Regional run

oldbeek

NSTRA Regional run

Post by oldbeek » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:50 am

My Brittany Missy came close to winning the 2020 So Cal NSTRA regional. Second is close enough. We were beat by an outstanding 5 yr old GSP out of Rawhide kennels in AZ. In a field of 20 we came in 4th the first day. Next morning, first brace,Field of 10, on frozen ground we had 4 points and 4 retrieves and a back. 811 points was first place for that round, Third round of 6 dogs and 3 braces, we only found 2 but that was about the average. All these dogs were very good. The final round up against a very well trained GSP, we were just out run. Missy at 7 and me at 79 just ran out of gas. Happy to be alive and be able to walk at full speed for 2 hours at my age chasing my dog. PS quail coveys on the desert are huge this year.
Last edited by oldbeek on Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shags
GDF Junkie

Re: NSTRA Regional run

Post by shags » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:36 am

Big congrats! Sounds like Team Missy topped some very good competition. What memories to add to the pile :D

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:51 am

Well done :!: :D

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:51 pm

oldbeek wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:50 am
My Brittany Missy came close to winning the 2020 So Cal NSTRA regional. Second is close enough. We were beat by an outstanding 3 yr old GSP out of Rawhide kennels in AZ. In a field of 20 we came in 4th the first day. Next morning, first brace,Field of 10, on frozen ground we had 4 points and 4 retrieves and a back. 811 points was first place for that round, Third round of 6 dogs and 3 braces, we only found 2 but that was about the average. All these dogs were very good. The final round up against a very well trained GSP, we were just out run. Missy at 7 and me at 79 just ran out of gas. Happy to be alive and be able to walk at full speed for 2 hours at my age chasing my dog. PS quail coveys on the desert are huge this year.
Well done. :) Very fortunate to be able to move like that at 79.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

oldbeek

Post by oldbeek » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:13 pm

The GSP was Rawhide Perfect Storm. A 5 year old. Rawhide Kennels puts out some great dogs. Mike Kitchens is a super trainer and one of the nicest guys I have met in the dog world. He trains all breeds. When Storm was a 3 yr old, Mike was running him in NSTRA So Cal for the new owner. His brace mate had to cancel and I volunteered Missy as a bye dog. He said, and we laughed about it, that we put up a ringer against him, as Missy cleaned the field on him. Missy sizes up the competition on the break away and really turns on the gas when running against exceptional dogs. Rawhide Kennels is in Sholo AZ if anyone is interested.