AKC Walking Gun Dog Championship

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

AKC Walking Gun Dog Championship

Post by RoostersMom » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:27 pm

Jon Hann with Pike small.jpg
I've got to do it. I'm bragging all over my trainer right now. My 3 year old Pointer took 3rd in the AKC Championship held this past week in Arkansas. He's not an FC or an AFC, doesn't have any national titles, but he ran with some big dogs. I was so darn proud of him. He's come a long way in the past 2 years. Jon Hann, of Perfection Kennels, trains him (and me).

Jon also trained the Runner Up and also the Best of Breed Vizsla at this event (plus a couple more). He's so good with amateurs - really can help us do well with our dogs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

oldbeek

Re: AKC Walking Gun Dog Championship

Post by oldbeek » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:07 pm

Jon can not make you a pro trainer but if you follow his advice and be patient with your dogs, his videos can teach you how to make one heck of a good bird dog if the dog has the drive of a champion.

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:27 pm

You're right - following his advice has gotten me and Pike his FC now, and one point shy of his AFC. We placed third in the Pointer Amateur Nationals at Mingo, OH. It has been a really, really fun ride with him. He's a great trainer - and a wonderful person as well. He does wonders with the amateur trainers and their dogs.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:57 pm

Wow. That's quite an accomplishment. Congrats to you. :)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:08 pm

Thanks Sharon, this dog has been FUN! Love him to bits. He is a natural birddog and very fun to hunt behind. He's coming on 4 now and I got a well-bred Vizsla last year that just turned 1 last week. I'll field trial him as well. Hope to have some success with the redhead too.