NSTRA Purina Endurance Classic

nhachman

NSTRA Purina Endurance Classic

Post by nhachman » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:58 pm

Last week I competed in this national trial, held at the Iowa Gun Dog Association grounds near Osceola, IA. This is the second year I have attended this event and have taken my family both times. The club members along with the NSTRA leadership ensure a family friendly environment. Camping at the grounds with electrical hookups makes it a very comfortable experience. I have met some great people at this, and other national events. If you participate in NSTRA and have a qualified dog, I would encourage you to try out a national event for the experience of it.

This year, I had the honor of competing at a highest levels. My 7 year old Brittany NSTRA champion Katie and I made it to the final 8 dogs down from 128 entries. In the 5th round, we lost 2 birds to one. Katie had worn down and was not covering a lot of ground during the brace. Even with that finish, I still feel great about the accomplishment for both Katie and myself.

Carolina Gundogs

Re: NSTRA Purina Endurance Classic

Post by Carolina Gundogs » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:03 am

Wow, that is a great accomplishment! You should be proud of Katie!

NC Quailhunter

Post by NC Quailhunter » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:27 am

You should be proud of what you and Katie accomplished. That is a good run. Congratulations on making to the national and going as far as you did.
I'd rather live on the side of a mountain, than wander through canyons of concrete and steel.

Dakotazeb

Post by Dakotazeb » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:45 am

Good job Nick. You should be be very proud of your dog for making it that far. Best my Elle did at that trial when it was held in Montana was making it to the round of 32 dogs.
Janee's August Breeze - Bree
http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigree. ... erations=5

NSTRA Champion Godfather's Dakota Elle 2008-2016
https://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigree ... erations=5

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:22 am

Way to go Nick & Katie :D