Training is finally paying off

oldbeek

Training is finally paying off

Post by oldbeek » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:04 am

This is not much to brag about, but this mornings training session was so perfect, i just have to tell someone who will understand my excitement. My dog was pointing planted birds to close so i started using launchers and launch if she even moves after her first hits scent. This morning i planted a chuckar way out in a launcher. She hunted about 15 minutes before getting down wind of the bird. She locked at about 60 yards out.I kicked around to get her excited then tapped her to move in. At about 40 yds she locked solid. Again i kicked around and then tapped her to move. She moved to 20 yds and from there would not budge. I kicked every bush in front of her to really wind her up. She was a rock. I launched the bird and as it circled around her i dropped it for a long retrieve. She was still solid waiting for her name to be called. Said Missy and she was on it in a flash with a perfect to hand retrieve. A perfect morning just as the sun was coming up over the desert.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Re: Training is finally paying off

Post by cjhills » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:38 am

What is the reasoning behind relocating her? Not questioning your training, just wondering. Do you want her closer for NSTRA. Sound s like fun anyway..............................Cj

oldbeek

Re: Training is finally paying off

Post by oldbeek » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:12 am

Yes NSTRA, like in Arizona in meadow grass it is hard to find 1 quail even if the dog is 10 yards off.