Eight: NA Prize 3

ourhunters

Eight: NA Prize 3

Post by ourhunters » Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:34 pm

Our 9 month old GSP got NA Prize 3 today here out of the Central Dakota Chapter of NAVHDA in North Dakota. We are very proud of him as we had quite the time trying to get him ready in a weeks time. As of yesterday he was still running in on planted birds and we hadn't had him on wild birds. Last night we took him out on wild birds and we got points galore! How great is that the night before the test!!! Today was smooth sailing, it was yesterday that was scary!

He's got a ton of natural ability, and we are so lucky to have such a great boy. Thanks to all of you who gave me advice, etc. on teaching, techniques, training materials,etc. I really appreciate this site as a new pointer handler.

Not sure if I know how to do this photo thing: but I'll try to get one in here for you of the winner! It was a long day out in the freezing cold and rain, which then turned into a windy warm day, so don't mind me in the pict!!

Thanks.
Caren

http://www.southdakota-outdoors.com/gal ... tegory_id=

Rusti's Mom

Prize III

Post by Rusti's Mom » Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:50 am

Caren,
Congratulations on the III. My guy got a Prize III also. We tried two more time to get a better score on him, but he doesn't like to swim for a dummy. Bird, duck, anything but the dummy. Will wait to do UT as he loves to swim and is doing very well in his training.

We have switched him to AKC Hunt Tests and that will help him towards his UT. He is just 14 months old now, so we have a long time to play with him.

Best of luck in the future.

Pat

Colleen

Post by Colleen » Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:28 pm

That's awesome!! Looks like you had nothing to worry about after all :D Hope it's the first of many successes for you guys!!