Ammos Denver Brier Patch

Melvin4730

Ammos Denver Brier Patch

Post by Melvin4730 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:48 pm

I bought a pup from Ammos Brittany's in north Georgia out of a dog called To Hot To Handle "Nitro". He quickly became a big part of our family. I exercised him almost everyday, introduced him to birds, took him everywhere with me, worked on basic obedience.

I decided I wanted to let Denver run in a few trials. I sent him to John Hughes to exercise him, work him on birds, introduce him to the gun and get him ready. I have no experience with trials, so I wanted to go watch one or two before I handle my own dog. John Hughes got Denver ready and handled him in his first trial. Denver and John did pretty well. They finished first in the Open Derby at the trial in Jackson, GA today. Not bad for the first time out.

Here's John with Denver...

mrcreole

Re: Ammos Denver Brier Patch

Post by mrcreole » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:35 am

Congrats....welcome to the game.......addiction!

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:14 am

That's how the addiction starts. A $.50 blue ribbon.

vols fan

Post by vols fan » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:42 am

Congrats, I know the guys who had the second and third place derbies. They both said your little brit did a nice job. This is exactly how I got hooked. Get a placement first time out. It's a trap. Was going down today to watch but I chose to stay home as it is pouring out. Will go tomorrow. Good luck with the pup.

jetjockey

Post by jetjockey » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:15 am

If he wasnt trapped then, he is now!! First time off Horseback and only his second trial and Melvin took second in derby at the GA Brit club trial this weekend. Two trials and two placements. Pretty impressive. Congrats, and nice meeting you and your wife.

Really nice looking dog as well.