My first UT test

birddognut

My first UT test

Post by birddognut » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:57 pm

Ran my first NAVHDA UT test Sunday the 18th. Repo my German wirehaired pointer has been completely owner trained and handled. He put on an awesome performance. He received a prize 1 204. The judges said that he made the test look easy.

Munster

Re: My first UT test

Post by Munster » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:12 pm

Very very good! It is a lot of fun isnt it.........not to mention nerve racking.
We also ran on the 18th and got a 204. So far there are 57 prize I's this year and of those 26 are 204................I was bored last night! :wink: :lol: :lol: :oops:
http://www.huntwithamunster.com

Dealer for Dogtra, Ruff Tuff and Mud River Need a product, just ask.

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:23 pm

congratulations to both of you! Wow. It's no cake walk test. I know several folks that "dog" it due it "non-competative" nature. I challenge them to bring their dogs and do it! It's tough. Try that water work with no commands on the return. Yikes! We are striggling with that. I have yet to run a dog through but have 2 getting close to ready. Water work details hanging me up for now so we are aiming for spring.

Jagerdawg

Post by Jagerdawg » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:58 pm

Big congratulations

Ms. Cage

Post by Ms. Cage » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:13 am

Cogratulations Very nice comment from the judge. :D

birddognut

Post by birddognut » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:29 pm

It is a very tough test. Been training all year for it. Repo put it all together at the right time. Very nerve raking but a ton of fun. When he brought the duck back at the blind I knew we had a prize 1 not sure what the score would be. He ran such a clean test. Must have been quite the site to see a grown man at the waters edge with a duck in his hand kneeling in the mud hugging his soaking wet dog.