Got him swimming!

moxie

Got him swimming!

Post by moxie » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:39 pm

We met up with our NAVHDA chapter at some ponds near Phoenix, AZ this Sunday with the express goal of getting our little guy (21 weeks) swimming and loving the water a little bit.
I was hoping we could get him to do some short swims out, so our club president advised the wife and I to "Plan on getting wet."

After some up to the waist wading Bullet swam back and forth between my wife in the water and myself on the bank, he was doing so well we had my wife wade/swim across the pond while bullet followed, and darned if he didn't make it all the way across no problem.
We then got him to swim back and worth to each of us on the banks, what an amazing experience!

Can't thank my local NAVHDA chapter enough, we couldnt do this without them.
SwamHalfway.jpg
And to top off my week, we got his best point on a planted pigeon last night. He locked up solid and didn't go for the bird until I released it's harness.
He then gave a spirited 150 yard chase after the flying bird, and proceeded to spend the next 15 minutes charging that alfalfa field for more.

I love watching him progress and improve!

And I couldn't do this without my dedicated wife. She lost her glasses and was trying to retrieve them for 5 minutes after her pond crossing.
JointhePond.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

John S

Re: Got him swimming!

Post by John S » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:26 am

Congrats!!! I know the feeling all too well :)