A REALLY GOOD SPRING!

BMURPH

A REALLY GOOD SPRING!

Post by BMURPH » Thu May 16, 2013 10:10 pm

We finished the spring trial season this week and looking back had a good run. Murphy's Cheap Trick won the North Central Sectional Classic Open Limited. She also had a couple of other placements in open limited stakes. Murphy's Cutting Edge placed third in the Amateur Gundog at the North Central Sectional Classic. My two pups out of Trixie and Joker have done well, Murphy's Babe won the open puppy at the GSP of NE and Murphy's Rock Star won both a derby and a puppy stake. 8 of the 9 pups that went to trialers out of this litter of 11 have placed in a puppy or derby stake. The litter just turned one on April 15. And last but not least is my 8 yo daughters dog Murphy's Rosebud. Rosebud is out of Trixie and my male Rexx. Just turned two in January, she was going to be the family pet because the wife and kids are always complaining that the dogs are not home. I felt sorry for her when I would go out training, she would whine and cry, so I decided to take her with me when I trained around the house. I ran her 7 times in broke stakes. Got her around clean 7 times with her making the callbacks 4 times! She placed 3rd in one trial and has some pretty bad luck in the callbacks. But she hasn't broke even in the bogus callbacks! Her retrieving needs some polishing but we are getting there. Yep, its been really a good spring!

Brooks Carmichael

Re: A REALLY GOOD SPRING!

Post by Brooks Carmichael » Fri May 17, 2013 1:10 am

Murph, I would say you have one heck of spring. Many people are quite jealous of you. Congrats on all the wins and placements.

Ricky Ticky Shorthairs

Post by Ricky Ticky Shorthairs » Fri May 17, 2013 2:28 am

Nice work Brian. Congratulations!

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Sun May 19, 2013 10:09 pm

That's some good stuff there Murph, congrats bud.