New GSP is home

Roxie1

New GSP is home

Post by Roxie1 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:19 pm

Zimmy's scotch on the rox "Roxie is at her new home here in Ontario, Canada. I have had her for 3 weeks now and things are going good. She has made a new partner with my older Britt and my 18 month old boy. Now the work starts. I would like to get her into the NAVHDA testing and any CKC we have around here. I have been to test before but just as a spectator. I would like to give it a whirl. It will give me a chance to train all summer for the up coming season which is good. I'll try and post some pics and a pedigree of Roxie.

Sire:
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2095

Dam:
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2532
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Roxie1

Re: New GSP is home

Post by Roxie1 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:31 pm

Sorry pictures are so small I'll try and get better quality ones later.

Does anyone have any advice on running NAVHDA test as I plan on trying some this Spring if the pup is ready. Should I be focusing on anything special or just stick with my training game plan. I plan on joining our local club so I would believe I will get some help with them but every little bit helps.

Jagerdawg

Post by Jagerdawg » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:36 am

Congratulations on the new pup. Just love puppy pictures. Good hunting

cohanzick creek

Post by cohanzick creek » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:08 am

good luck with your pup
cc

Roxie1

Post by Roxie1 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:54 am

Thanks guys. Jager I see you ran some test. I plan on running test here in Canada. You have any tips on what I should train more on for my first test. It will be a few months away yet but she is coming along good.

Bberry20

Post by Bberry20 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:07 pm

great looking pup, enjoy!

Jagerdawg

Post by Jagerdawg » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:58 am

I don't know how the test differs from AKC and CKC. I would expect them to be similar though. Be prepared to run with a bracemate. You don't want your dog chasing the other dog around instead of hunting. The judges will probably be riding horses introduce your dog to them also for the same reason. At entry level tests they usually only expect the dog to establish a point steadiness after that isn't graded. I would focus on yard work and basic obedience to start with then introduce birds and then gunfire. At the entry level they just want to see desire and a willingness to hunt. That has been my experience here anyway but I'm fairly new at this do take it for what it is worth. Most importantly HAVE FUN. Enjoy your pup and good luck