Congratulations to My Parent's Brittany

Grange

Congratulations to My Parent's Brittany

Post by Grange » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:23 pm

The Green Bay Pointing Dog Club held their first spring trial (NBHA) and we had a great turn out. By dad ran his two brittanies in the Open Derby today against all Pointers and both had great runs. The first one had three birds and the second brittany had a great broke find but didn't quite have the race of the first one. In the end the first brittany, Phoenix, took second place.

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Re: Congratulations to My Parent's Brittany

Post by PntrRookie » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:24 pm

Congrats. Great seeing you and your dad! Excellent trial for the club...83 dogs in 2 days! We all had a blast...except when mine decided to be a little sloppy on her find ;) I am just thrilled I did not loose Dan da man!

Grange

Post by Grange » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:00 pm

It was a great trial. I talked to several club members and all of them like the idea of a 2 day trial. It gives us more opportunity have a wider variety of trials. I just wish my dog would have done better. Both days she ran very poorly and had subpar bird work to the point I had to pick her up both days. Hopefully next weekend we'll do better.

Mike50

Post by Mike50 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:35 pm

You guys have another one in a couple weeks up there right? Wondering which field you use. Are spectators welcome?

Grange

Post by Grange » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:34 am

Mike50 wrote:You guys have another one in a couple weeks up there right? Wondering which field you use. Are spectators welcome?
The May 6th trial will be held at the State grounds by Scarboro in Kewaunee County. Yes spectators are welcome though if you want walk some braces you'll have to do it on foot since the only 4-wheelers allowed will be for the judges and the bird planter. Personally I generally walk even when 4-wheelers are allowed in the gallery. you can take a look at our website for more information.

http://www.greenbaypointingdogclub.org/

I don't know if you are familiar with the Buzz Besadny Wildlife area, but if you are not here's a link to the DNR's website about the grounds:

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/wildlife/wil ... esadny.htm

We meet at the parking lot on Hill Road, which is in the northwest portion of the grounds. It is the designated dog training grounds.

Mike50

Post by Mike50 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:18 am

Thanks. I've been there many times. Think I may have meet you out at Wolf river when your dad was running NASTRA along with Rookie.