OK, here is a half twist then.......

QCBirddogs

OK, here is a half twist then.......

Post by QCBirddogs » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:55 am

Some what gun dog related, not exactly dogs but dog art!

Check some of the art work out my sweety did!

Phil
QC

QCBirddogs

Post by QCBirddogs » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:01 am

Here is one of her Bronze sculptures to be. In the Clay stage, before the wax, entitled, "Stake Out".....This one is far from being done, but in the works.

Phil
QC

QCBirddogs

Post by QCBirddogs » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:10 am

This is a life size bronze of a 10 week old pointer puppy retrieving a quail.

Called, "Blind Retrieve"

Phil
QC

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:52 am

WOW! :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Thats awesome!

Country-Side Breeders

Post by Country-Side Breeders » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:05 am

What some beautiful work...I hope she's doing this as a profession, because if she's not, she's missing the boat! :thumbright:

ourhunters

Post by ourhunters » Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:37 pm

Does she have a website where we can view more? Awesome! I clicked on your www, and couldn't get to your site. Just checking to see if it's typed in wrong? Thanks.

Caren

dhondtm

Post by dhondtm » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:48 pm

You can find his other post here... http://www.gundogforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=305

Which has the link to his site. Great stuff, absolutely amazing work. :hello1:

How is the "Stake Out" sculpture coming along? Love to see some updates as you complete them.

GrouseHunter22

Post by GrouseHunter22 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:58 pm

Super Nice! :!:

sudiegirl

Post by sudiegirl » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:02 pm

i got to the site just fine today. the site is red earth outfitters.... here is the link:

http://redearthoutfitters.homestead.com/Home.html

COOL site... you ought to see the other sculpture of the DK she did too!! hey phil, that 2nd (and very cool) drawing looks pretty familiar to me ;) is there a reason for that or is it just a coincidence?

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:12 pm

That is magnificent work!
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

QCBirddogs

Post by QCBirddogs » Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:19 pm

Thank you for all the replies. SHe doesn't do it as a profession, but has done a few commissioned peices. As you can see on the site, all the completed pieces are available. THere are several more I have yet to put up on the site yet also.

The Stake out Clay is a first of many to come. It isn't finished yet but getting there!

Sudie, THe last pencil is not of who you are thinking. It's actuially Beau's Sire.

Phil

QCBirddogs

Post by QCBirddogs » Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:26 pm

Here is a question for y'all (slowly getting to be redneck here!)........

She is having a tough time with the chain. It's hard to make it look good in bronze. I said to use a costume jewlery chain or something of the sorts................Any Ideas??

Phil

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:02 am

Does it have to be a chain? Why not just a cable, thats what we use. A chain might be more what people expect...
brenda

dhondtm

Post by dhondtm » Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:58 am

QCBirddogs wrote:She is having a tough time with the chain. It's hard to make it look good in bronze. I said to use a costume jewlery chain or something of the sorts................Any Ideas??
I like the idea of just using a real chain. bronze the connections then customize the length and loosely hang a real chain link.

sudiegirl

Post by sudiegirl » Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:23 am

phil, has she tried a good costume jewelry store... or a wholesale florist? a GOOD wholesale florist (that professional decorators use for example) will have many different types of chains, cables, wires, etc used in decorating that might be what she is looking for. possibly, finding a piece of wire twisted with another and then seperating it with tweezers might work? or you could braid 3 pieces or knot a few pieces of monofilament together and bronze over the top of that to make a chain. a pain, but it might work. good luck!
BTW, has gayla thought about drawing a pic of a dog if you send a pic (or is that already an option)?

QCBirddogs

Post by QCBirddogs » Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:26 am

Thanks all for the ideas, I let her know, looks like a trip to the "city"!

Sudie,

THis is the only other Shorthair in the works. I don't think you saw this one.

Phil

Decoy

Post by Decoy » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:42 pm

Phil,
I like sudie's idea of using braided mono (60-100lb) depending on the size of the sculpture. You could then bronze it. Could also use copper mono crimps on the mono.
(doubt there are any deep sea tackle shops out there maybe you could take a trip to the beach instead of the city)

QCBirddogs

Post by QCBirddogs » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:00 am

Eric,

Anything that is bronzed will have to be done in the lost wax method in these pieces, it is just the way they are done. THis means it has to be molded twice. Once in clay and secondly in wax, the bronze mold is then made form that. Quite a process.

She is going to try a few of the ideas and go from there. Fishing tackle might work too!

Our so called "Big City" has a Bass Pro Shop and the Big Outdoor Sportsman SHow is this weekend as well , :lol: perfect excuse for the trip!

Phil

sudiegirl

Post by sudiegirl » Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:18 pm

hey dont complain about bass pro shops being your only option... ours is the BIG little prater supply (as opposed to the small little prater supply i guess) and MAGIC MART.... which is FAR less than magical if you ask me!!! and i had NOT seen the other sculpture, but i LOVE it!! when eric is a rich attorney... he will be in the market for some beautiful pieces to decorate his office, and i know EXACTLY where i'm going shopping (not the magic mart).