South African Field trial brag - Update

bhulisa

South African Field trial brag - Update

Post by bhulisa » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:02 am

I just wanted to brag a little on some recent field trial successes. Most of the dogs come from fairly recent US imports, so even though it’s a South African “brag”, I hope you won’t mind! (Note: South African field trials are held on wild birds during the hunting season from May to August. The HPR Trials are retrieving stakes and birds are shot on course, and there is a water retrieve at the end of the trial for dogs that are under consideration for placings. The Pointer Trials (also known as British Breed trials) have no retrieving requirements, but handlers are required to carry shotguns and fire a blank shot when appropriate.)

My puppy “Attila” (Brysons Bhulisa Hun) won 2nd Place in the Western Cape Field Trial Club’s HPR Puppy Stake and also passed the SA Natural Ability test the day before the trials. Attila was imported from the US and is sired by NAFC NAGDC Prairie’s Edge Tippy out of Catherine’s Diamond Girl. He was bred by Caleb Bryson/Ed Delker. Thank you!

At the same trial, “Stuka” (Bhulisa Busch), owned by Rooies Dorland, won 1st in the Derby Stake and placed 2nd in the Maiden Stake. The Cape trials are run on Cape Francolin and Greywing Partridge. He also passed the Natural Ability Test. Three weeks later “Stuka” then won an Award of Merit in the Derby Stake at the Border Pointer trials, which is run on Greywing Partridge in the Stormberg Mountains.

At the Greylingstad HPR trial in Mpumulanga, “KC” (Bhulisa Lemm), owned by Arnold Slabbert, won the Derby Stake. These trials are run predominantly on Orange River Partridge and Swainson’s Francolin. KC and Stuka are littermates, and are from combined Hustler (Trekker), Walnut Hill (Fritz) and Von Hainholz semen and dogs which we have imported over the years.

Finally, a GSP won the Cape Pointer Championship Stake! This is the first time a GSP has won an SA Pointer Championship. “Gobi” (new CH Morgenzon Gobi) is sired by FT Ch Cadens Hanno (imported from the US) out of FT Ch Thorncreek Chloe, and is owned, bred and handled by Fanie and Annecke Barnard. A big congrats to them!

Pics of the dog included....don't have a pic of Gobi, though. Will try to get one.

Thanks for looking, Trudi!
AtillaPtGDF.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by bhulisa on Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

snips
GDF Junkie

Re: South African Field trial brag

Post by snips » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:45 am

Congrats Trudi!!!! You all are making a huge impact over in SA!!!!
brenda

dlfl

Post by dlfl » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:21 am

A nice bunch of dogs! Brag on it is indeed good to see what others are doing.
Dіck

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:25 pm

Congratulations to all and thank you for the wonderful reporting. Always interesting to hear from other parts of the globe.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

raven34

Post by raven34 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:17 pm

Congrats!!!!! :D

AHGSP
GDF Junkie

Post by AHGSP » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:00 pm

CONGRATS! Got some good stuff going on over there!
Bruce Shaffer

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten"
Mark Twain

Bruce, Raine, Storm and GSP's
Almost Heaven GSP's
"In Search of the Perfect GSP";)

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:02 am

Congrats: Fine looking dogs. Great grounds.
Rick
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

madmurph

Post by madmurph » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:46 am

Congrats Trudi on the accomplishments and great looking dogs. I would love to come to South Africa some time and hunt birds over pointing dogs. I have shot
numerous species of animals in the Eastern Cape province but I have not yet had the opportunity to hunt birds while in your beautiful country.
You could live without a dog, but it would not be worthwhile.

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:11 pm

and is sired by NAFC NAGDC Prairie’s Edge Tippy
As is my female :) Good going there, great work on them dogs and some fine pics too.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

ben33127

Post by ben33127 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Congrats Great looking dogs!

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:36 am

Congrats, great looking dogs!

bhulisa

Post by bhulisa » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:21 am

It's the end of our season here and we had some nice successes in our last two trials!

A dog I co-own, Taita (Bhulisa Taita) won the Maiden Stake and placed second in the Open Stake at the KZN HPR Field Trial in Vrede, Free State! Taita had a great trial and is handled and co-owned by Arnold Slabbert. Taita is the sire of the two littermates, Stuka and KC, referred to above in the previous posts. His dam, Storm (Bhulisa Vallkyrie), placed 3rd in the Open Stake in this trial. Vrede is open country and the trial is run on mainly Greywing and Orange River Partridge.

At the TVL HPR trial held near Settlers, Storm won the Open Stake! Storm had 10 solid finds and 4 birds shot and retrieved to hand; she really pulled it out of the hat in this one! She also received the prestigious Gun's Choice that the gunners in the trial award (to some handlers this is even better than the win :wink: ). This trial is held in typical Bushveld terrain on mainly Swainson's Francolin. The scenting is usually very tough in this dry, dusty land of low thorn trees and grass. Storm is owned and handled by Arnold Slabbert. We are so proud of her and Arnold!

Thank you all for your nice comments and for looking. Our season is ending - yours is just around the corner!
Good hunting and best of luck to all in whatever tests, trials etc that you play in!!
Trudi

A few pics of the dogs:

T-on-QuailWeb.jpg
stormredwingpe2l.jpg
Storm-BushveldWinWeb.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

madmurph

Re: South African Field trial brag - Update

Post by madmurph » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:38 pm

Congrats once again. It sounds like I will have to do some bird hunting when I return to South Africa.
You could live without a dog, but it would not be worthwhile.

bhulisa

Post by bhulisa » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:15 am

madmurph wrote:Congrats once again. It sounds like I will have to do some bird hunting when I return to South Africa.
Send me a pm when you get back over to S Africa! Maybe we can meet up or at least I might be able to help with some contacts...I'm in Cape Town but travel to E Cape and Free State for the trials and wingshooting. Trudi

Brooks Carmichael

Post by Brooks Carmichael » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:25 am

Trudi

It was nice to see you on gun dog forum and I am glad your dogs are doing well as always. If people have not gone to S.A. to see a field trial they need to. It is all done on wild birds.

Brooks

bhulisa

Post by bhulisa » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:59 am

Hey Brooks, thanks, will send you a pm. But while I'm on here, Congrats on Trey's win at the Chicken Championship! Trudi