Rescue Mutts 1st compitition

r nickell

Rescue Mutts 1st compitition

Post by r nickell » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:36 am

Took the dogs out to the Qauil Forever Gun Dog Classic in Lee's Summit Saturday morning. My shorthair that was gun shy and only this year started to find out what bird hunting was really all about came in 5th cause he was bad on retrieves something I knew we need to work on. The little Griff I adopted in August seemed not only to love all the other dogs and people but managed to beat out her brother the Shorthair and brought home the 4th place ribbon. Ok even though I am a weekend hunter with a couple of pet/hunting dogs I have to say I had a blast also. Was a good day and I think I might have to run a few more of them from time to time since both myself and the dogs had a great time. It was a small feild only 17 other dogs but still guess I get abit of a bragging right. :D
W.W.T.G.D.

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Re: Rescue Mutts 1st compitition

Post by wems2371 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:48 pm

Congrats, that's a good looking griff, and it's always good to hear about successful rescues! :wink:

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:54 pm

Good job!! He is nice looking!
brenda

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:40 am

Good stuff! Ditto on success with rescues! Great lookin' dog!

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:28 am

Russ,

It was great to meet you out there - and I do say, that little Greta is a fireball. I would have taken her home with me, you would have been shocked to get home and no Greta in the truck. Our little pointer from the shelter didn't fare as well as Russ's girl. Ours was a bit rangy for the small area we had birds planted in and she bumped a bird. We did put birds out for her after the event and she did spectacular (if spectacular means she looked like a dream on point but then jumped in to flush the bird). A great time was had by all and the good news for me was that my Vizsla was top dog on Sunday and given the head nod by all the judges and gunners as "officially ready for Master level" which is what we've been working towards. I entered him in next week's hunt test to be held in KC and we'll see if I can manage to make a clean run with him. He did great - it's me that needs the work! Our ten year old pointer also came out and had a blast on Sunday. The fog was so bad on the grounds that the actual walking field trial across the lane had to be cancelled because you couldn't see the dogs. So we had fun on our side of the road with the hunting dog challenge.

Elsa

r nickell

Post by r nickell » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:09 pm

Elsa
Thanks and congrats on Rooster's run. I had a great time and might just have to find a few other events to run Greta in from time to time. She seemed to know that she was the center of attention and stepped it up a notch on her run. Now if I can just get her to learn some manners. But all things in time she has come a long way since I got her August 1st and still has lots to learn.
W.W.T.G.D.