Update to my Defect Dog!

MTO4Life

Update to my Defect Dog!

Post by MTO4Life » Sun May 09, 2010 5:36 pm

I posted back in September about my 'defect' dog Gunner getting his puppy points. He was given to us to see what we could do with him, and he has definately been a handful, but one cute little guy. Well, I sent my other Britt back down south for some trials this season, and decided to send Gunner down as well to give my wife a break as I work away from home for now. I told my trainer to do what he could, but really I just wanted him around other dogs and getting some exercise. Well, he has pully a couple 4 place finishes in the derby stakes and has actually done pretty well down there. I just found out that he won his derby stake today getting his 2 derby points!! :D :D He now has all his juvenille points! I couldn't believe it. He's really taken to the birds and had 2 nice finds and a heck of a run from what I heard. Looks like he just might become a bird dog afterall the issues we had! Sorry this isn't more exciting, but I figured that I should at least shout this little brag out. He has definately had some issues, and it has been slow going working them out, but he may be coming around! Patience and work are the key I guess.

Here's a pic of him (not great) from a hunt last fall.

Madra Rua

Re: Update to my Defect Dog!

Post by Madra Rua » Sun May 09, 2010 7:08 pm

good for you some times it takes a little time

Madra Rua
Fetch it up

GrayDawg

Post by GrayDawg » Tue May 11, 2010 6:51 am

Great news............. congrats!

Rob
May all your dog's points be productive & your arrows avoid all timber

Elroy's Bandit

Post by Elroy's Bandit » Tue May 18, 2010 11:01 am

Sounds to me like it was a good thing Gunner ended up with you!! Not sure other folks would have spent the time to get into the "real Gunner" so to speak. Congrats on the placements and it sounds like you found a real gem. I would have to say IMO, "issues" sometimes equate to "personality" which it sounds like Gunner has :lol: ...big time!!
Bill L.