J R X Nike Pups

Hotpepper

J R X Nike Pups

Post by Hotpepper » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:20 pm

The litter of 9 is now 7 mmonths old, 3 of the pups have puppy placements and 1 little female won a major puppy stake and got 2 points.

The litter is seet to go for sure, congrats to J R, Nike, and Art for making such wonderful babies.

Jerry
2009 NGSPA National Champion R/U
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2071

Jeremiah 29:11

God says He has Plans for Me

vzkennels

Re: J R X Nike Pups

Post by vzkennels » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:23 pm

Congrats Jerry & Art on a nice breeding.Art you need to put some pics up & do some bragging of your own. :D

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:54 pm

He sent me an e mail and I posteed it here, kinda surprised he did not but it is OK. The litter will be just super I am sure.

Pepper
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

SFK

Post by SFK » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:13 am

Sorry folks- It's sometimes tough for me to brag up the dogs. Especially pups. Time is the real factor there as you never know what will happen with a pup! :lol:

As far as the litter as a whole (well as much as you can see at 7mo!) - I have seen 6 of the pups in the field - either training or at a field trial. It appears this litter is all that I hoped it would be from what they are showing at the moment. All 6 appear to have the traits I was looking for and if any of them were in my home, I would be putting them into horseback puppy stakes. They all have excellent noses (I am quite surprised at the distances some of them are hitting their birds for puppies)! They are great lookers, and have a desire to run with a natural knack of staying/coming around to the front. All have a natural point and are birdy as heck! I couldn’t ask for more out a litter of 7mo pups and I am thrilled at what I am seeing.

As far as the horseback trial game goes - Right now there are 3 pups that have placements. Two that are in TN and the one I have. Of the three- we have one with a win that is pointed out in op (that is the one I have) and one of the others actually has a couple derby placements. Mine had a real nice derby run a few weeks ago but was ‘gone too long’ to use even though she did have a point that the judges saw <shrug>. I was happy with what she did and that’s what counts! In her puppy win, my pup beat out the dog that took 2nd in the derby the day before. Personally, I don’t think it will take too long for the other two to get pointed out in puppy. We have 4 others that have homes up north (besides mine) that will be starting puppy stakes in the next month. I have seen three of them and again – I don’t think it will take them long to get pointed out but you never know.

The other two pups are doing well also. One of the homes is a very heavy hunting home and they are thrilled with their pup. The other home gives me nothing but positive feedback about their pup as well!

All and all – a great litter so far and I am very proud if what they are doing at the moment! :mrgreen:

I’m not much of a pic taker. We will have a few together at a trial in a few weeks. I will try to get someone to snap some pics then.

vzkennels

Post by vzkennels » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:07 am

Sounds good Art & I know what your saying about puupies but so far so good!! :D

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:53 pm

Art is not a bragger, but he is a very goodfella witrh a couple on very nice bitches. I am honored that J R fathered the puppies. In both of his litters, the pups have been really nice. Art was telling me about a boy dog that might be the best lookin pup he has ever seen.

Thanks again Art.

Jerry
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

SFK

Post by SFK » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:32 am

Ted - Yep - So far so good!

Jerry -

The honor is mine that JR is the father of this litter. Your boy is showing that he has the stuff of a great stud dog (Did we have any doubt?!?!? :lol: ). He now has two litters on the ground out of two different bitches - both showing they have "it". Like I said, there doesn't seem to be a bad one in the group of 9 out of the Nike litter and couldn't be more pleased - and I can be pretty critical of my pups :lol: .

The entire litter is just plain beautiful but yes, there is one boy in particular that is probabally the best looking Shorthair I have ever seen. White base with perfectlly placed liver patches, a solid liver head, and a nice liver ticking to go with it. The owner of the pup had him at a hunt test a couple months ago while he was running some of his other dogs. Some of the people that lean more to the show side could not believe he is out of field stock (guess form does follow function :lol: ) On top of that he is all birddog. An amazing little pup to watch. 8)

Vanguard

Post by Vanguard » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:22 pm

Gotta say from what I've seen of these pups, from 7 weeks old to now, wow!!!!!! Independent, bold, snappy, energetic, stylish...you name it they've got it.

Ya guys done good Art!!!

Of course thats coming from a guy with red dogs...so not sure how much stock I'd put in that opinion :twisted:
Matt Rogers

Vanguard Vizslas
www.vanguardvizslas.com

SFK

Post by SFK » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:57 am

The JR X Nike litter did well this weekend. I placed the 2 pups (mine and my good friends) I ran at the GSP of Ohio trial in Open Puppy (3rd and 4th) in a stake with 8 or 10 pups.

My pup out of the litter took 4th in a VERY competitive 20 dog Open Derby stake!!! Not bad for a girl that just turned 8 months and quite a few people took notice of her.

On my way back I got a call and two of the other pups placed in Puppy stakes also!

So out of the 9 pups we have:

6 with puppy placements - one of those is pointed out in puppy and 2 of those also have derby placements. I couln't ask anymore out of an 8 month old litter and couldn't be more pleased.

Buckeye_V

Post by Buckeye_V » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:28 pm

Another one in that litter won a very competitive AWD stake at the Vizsla Club of Greater Cleveland this past weekend.

You should be proud Art! They are very nice pups. Even if they are spotted dogs :wink:

Justin
We have done something with nothing for so long we are now qualified to do everything with anything....

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=275

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=520

SFK

Post by SFK » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:34 pm

Thanks Justin!

That derby win was not one of the Nike X JR pups (I heard that rumor too so I called the owner right away! :lol: ). Same guy who owns a pup out of the litter but diffent breeding (think it is out of Doc Reynolds Ruby dog). The pup out of the JR X Nike breeding took a 3rd in the AWP at the V of Cle trial. I hear he had a nice run (the nike pup) just needs a bit more ground time to bust into the blue.

bossman

Post by bossman » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:55 pm

Art..Congratulations!!..Knew that would be a special litter!! Two great looking dogs...Jerry

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:36 pm

J R is just something special, we like him a lot. Nike is also a very nice dog, has all the tools to be just a very special litter. Art is very happy and so am I with the litter.

Jerry
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

sh0rthair

Post by sh0rthair » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:34 pm

Jerry,

It's great to hear that boy of yours is a producer.

Jeff

SFK

Post by SFK » Wed May 05, 2010 10:39 am

Well another one of the females got into blue this weekend in Open Puppy! Six pups in the stake so she got 1 pt.

From what I hear she ran huge, hanging her lines and even though she was running big she held a bird long enough for everyone to see her on point! From what I understand, she was braced with the favorite to win the stake and showed that she was the winner without a doubt. Congrats to Nia and her owner Troy Hodulik!

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Wed May 05, 2010 2:24 pm

The litter will be better than great, it will be greratly blessed, right Art

Pepper
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

SFK

Post by SFK » Fri May 07, 2010 12:54 pm

Yep! It sure is blessed! Sure seems there is a plan!

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Sun May 09, 2010 7:06 pm

It's always great when you see a plan come together! Congrats guys!
brenda

SFK

Post by SFK » Mon May 10, 2010 8:10 am

Sure is Brenda!

That same pup took blue again this weekend! I was mistaken with her last win - that was in AP. This one was in OP. 7 pups so she missed the major by one. The owner is really happy with her.

SFK

Post by SFK » Mon May 17, 2010 7:47 am

Well my pup out of the litter, Dee, did it again. Yesterday she won the Open Derby at the GSP of MI trial. 14 starters for 2 pts and she is now pointed out in puppy and derby on the open side. Not bad for a pup that just turned 9 months old on the 14th!

I'm real proud of Dee , Nike and Jr, and the litter that they produced.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Mon May 17, 2010 8:32 am

WooHoo! Go Art!!!!
brenda

Boxa

Post by Boxa » Tue May 18, 2010 2:02 pm

Art, those are some super nice pups. Real-deal, tons of run, bold, independent. You dun good, I think the grounds I saw 'em on were a little small to hold 'em :)
Caleb F. Bryson
Bryson's Boxa Kennel

FC/AFC Bryson's Boxa Briarpatch Baby SH
FC/AFC Bryson's Boxa Lucky St. Lindy SH
DC/AFC Bryson's Boxa Wendell W. Woodbriar

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Fri May 21, 2010 6:44 pm

These pups are gonna do a lot of winning. Congrats Art on Dee. Brought J R home for the summer and he and I went fishing on the pontoon boat all week.

Jerry
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

SFK

Post by SFK » Mon May 24, 2010 5:22 am

Thanks Brenda and Caleb!

Jerry - it's always nice when your 'ol fishin buddy come back!

Speaking of this litter doin' some winning - the female named Nia that I mentioned earlier ripped it up this past weekend. She won both the Am puppy and Open puppy. She is now pointed out in puppy! Congrats to owner and Handler Troy Hodulik!

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Mon May 24, 2010 7:24 pm

11-12 years ago, Hoke had a litter that each week won a puppy stake and moved on to derby. Then they did the samein the derby. A great many of that litter, finished FC, Afc, Nfc kinda stuff. Dunfur's Where You Ben was the NFC. Many national placement and 1hour wins with the group. J R's grandma was in that litter.

I am very happy for what is going on.

Jerry
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

SFK

Post by SFK » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:02 pm

Boy would I love to have this litter turn out to be like that one Jerry!

This weekend I sent my pup Dee with my better half - Holly Hatfield to be run in Am puppy. They were up in Highland, MI while I had to judge in PA. Not to disappoint they won the thing for 1 pt. 7 dog stake so they missed the 2pt by one dog. From what I hear Dee was far above the rest of the pack. Real proud of both of them!

Holly had to go to work on Monday so she left Dee with my friend Troy Hodulik. He ran Dee in the Am Derby and took 3rd! She was the youngest dog in the stake and the dog that won it is one heck of a dog! It was 14 dog derby stake.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:03 pm

:D Maybe you can swing Holly over ............. :lol: :lol:
brenda

bossman

Post by bossman » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:18 pm

Would love to see some current picture's of a couple of those pup's...for those of us that arn't in the neighborhood..Thanks

SFK

Post by SFK » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:44 pm

Bossman- I'll try to get some up in the next week or so. With all the trialing and stuff I just haven't had time and taking pics always seems to be the last thing on my mind. I'll also email the owners of the dogs I haven't see recently so we can get their pics up also...

I don't think Holly will ever be totally converted to the "Dark Side" but Dee is doin' her best to get her there! Holly is always disappointed if I don't bring Dee on my Louisville trips! Besides her field talent, Dee is just a character and fun to be around.

bossman

Post by bossman » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:40 pm

That breeding obviously turned out great. It certainly appears that JR has put some nice pups on the ground considering what I believe to be a limited number of breedings.

SFK

Post by SFK » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:33 am

Introducing Sunny Fields Aphroditie Beta or as most know her - Dee:

• Pointed out in Open Puppy at 7 mo old.
  • Pointed out in Open Derby at 9 mo old.
  • One Am Puppy point earned at 9 mo old (started hitting Am stuff after open was pointed out).
  • Placed 2nd in puppy at her first trial at 6mo and a few days old.
  • Was getting derby placements at 7 mo old.
I'm pretty proud of this little girl. She is independent and has a natural nack of staying to the front. On top of that she is showing that she is going to be a great companion.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:13 am

Thats the way to do it Art, then they don't have to run a ton of Derby to be pointed. Nice.
brenda

SFK

Post by SFK » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:22 am

Yep - that's the way I do it. Get 'em pointed and get 'em out. Way too many bad habits that can develop if they stay in the puppy/derby classes too long IMO.

AHGSP
GDF Junkie

Post by AHGSP » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:32 am

It was a real pleasure to meet, run under and shoot the bull with you this weekend Art. I'll be looking forward to more conversations as I get more opportunities to come Westward Trialing. Sounds from talking with you, that you hit it on the head with this litter and you're gonna keep producing even nicer pups as you refine even more.
Have a great Summer and look forward to running into you again in the Fall!
Bruce Shaffer

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten"
Mark Twain

Bruce, Raine, Storm and GSP's
Almost Heaven GSP's
"In Search of the Perfect GSP";)

zodiakgsps

Post by zodiakgsps » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:09 pm

Great job Art, you guys are cleaning up!! Great to see ya last weekend!

SFK

Post by SFK » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:01 pm

Ann - Thanks and it was great seeing you too! Been a long time.

Bruce - pleasure was mine. Wish we had more time to shoot the bull. Next time. Nice pups BTW.

kylenicholas02

Post by kylenicholas02 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:51 am

Art,
Been to your site multiple times. You have some amazing shorthairs, but I dont need to tell you that.

Let me know when you have a breeding coming. The site says your thinking of breeding Vegas soon...

Kyle
KN

SFK

Post by SFK » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:31 am

Kyle - Thanks. I've been lucky enough to be blessed with some really nice dogs. So far it appears that I have been blessed again with Dee and the rest of this litter.

Vegas will be bred her next cycle. Sometime in Nov.

SFK

Post by SFK » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:33 pm

Introducing Siern's Song Athena - most know her as Nia -

• Pointed out Am Puppy 8 mo
  • Pointed out Open Puppy 9 mo
  • Owned by Troy Hodulik - all points put on by Troy
  • First Puppy placement at 7 mo

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:48 pm

Man ain't she a looker, that litter is veery special, right Art.

Jerry
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

SFK

Post by SFK » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:14 pm

She sure is! It is difficult to explain how much I like this litter. That pic of Nia shows it a bit. The 7 pups I have seen in the field look like that.

I need to have Troy take some shots of Dee in the field for me...Dee points with that same high head.

SSSH

Post by SSSH » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:49 pm

Thank you for the kind words, Jerry. I am really happy with Nia and her progress so far. She is what I was truly looking for in a GSP for trialing. She has a really nice top line. Has good angularity to her hind quarters and has nice angle to her front shoulders as well. She has depth and width in the chest. Just really nice conformation. And, she is wonderful in the house and sure does a nice job in the field. I feel she is really going to improve with time and exposure. I have seen 2 glimpses of what she is capable of and both times they have been quite impressive. We just need some maturity and consistency. As you can see from the photo she is pointing well. I took about 15 shots of her from the front and both sides and she never budged.

She's gonna be a good one. That's for sure.

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:42 pm

Her daddy and grandpa are just a joy to be around. Easy going and all the right tools for trialing. Both have already proved themselves and at the ripe old age of 4 on June 10th, J R has a lot more to do and nothing to prove.

Really like what he is throwing, the older litter was very nice as well. Art got them to the right homes, I really wanted to keep one as well but too many real good one that are so young at my house.

Keep at it and keep it right and she will reward you.

Jerry
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

SFK

Post by SFK » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:44 am

I just found out we have another pup from the litter in the puppy points:

Ellington's Blazing B aka Bruno was handled by his owner, Paul Castanzo, at the Hudson Valley GSP trial in Am Puppy the first weekend in June. Bruno won it for two points and is now pointed out in Am Puppy! Bruno was 10 months old for this win and is the first male in the points! Congrats to Paul and Bruno!

SFK

Post by SFK » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:35 am

Figured I'd put an update up. The pups are about 14 months now and doing VERY well.

So far in the trial season -

Amanda Eick-Miller has started to get into field trialing and has been getting placements in both Open and Am puppy with her pup Sunny Fields Brego of Beor (Brego). I think the highlight is when Brego took a 3rd this weekend at the Buckeye GSP club on Sat in Open puppy and then took 2nd at the GSP of Ohio trial on Sunday (clubs bumped up with each other to make a 4 day trial). Not bad for their 3rd trial and their first horseback trial (They placed 3rd at their first trial on labor day)! Congrats Amanda and Brego! This gives 7 out of the 9 pups with puppy placements. The other two were sold with the understanding that they would not be trialed.

Nia won a 2pt Am Derby a few weeks ago and then Yesterday won the Open Derby (2pts) at the GSP of Ohio trial. She now is pointed out of all All puppy and derby points on both the am and open side. Art Jones has been helping owner Troy Houdlik handling Nia in both wins because Troy has been tied down with work. Congrats Nia, Troy and Art!

Holly took my pup Dee up to Ionia two weeks ago and won the Am puppy. Dee is now pointed out in Open and Am pup along with Open derby.

northern cajun

Post by northern cajun » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:08 pm

Very Very Nice!!!!!!
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
GOD BLESS

DOGS COULDNT LIVE WITHOUT EM!!
NORTHERN CAJUN

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:36 pm

How good are them babies????????

Sounds great to me

Jerry
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

SFK

Post by SFK » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:36 pm

Finally got some time to get some personnal computer work done! As promised a pic of Dee standing a bird... Taken last month at Thanksgiving. She was 15 months old at the time...

SFK

Post by SFK » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:09 pm

Sorry folks but I have been very busy with moving and all. The pups have been doing VERY well since I last posted.

After coming back being out west with Dan D. of monkeyshine kennels, Dee and Holly took to the field and won the Am Derby at the Kentukiana All breed point club trial (12 dog stake) in Mid Nov. to get her last juvinelle point. Dee is now pointed out. It was the fist time I got to watch the two of them in a trial in about 6 months and it was something to see. Dee and Holly have won the last four trials in a row they have run together in!

That same weekend, Amanda Ecik Miller called me and informed me that Brego won an American Field (pointer trial) puppy stake! From what I hear there was quite a bit of buzz that a shorthair took the win over a pointer or setter! Congrats Amanda and Brego!

The pups that live down south were able to start to get trialing again-

JJJ's Little Tinker Bell (aka Tink) came up to the Kentukiana trial that Dee won in and took second to her sister. Then on to the GSP of TN back to back trial - she won the OD, took 2nd to her brother in the other OD, and took a 4th in the Am derby! Congrats to Owner/Handler Jonny Johnton and Tink.

Sunny Fields Atlas Apha (aka Atlas) owned by Jim Engleman entered the GSP of TN trial. Atlas won one of the OD stakes, took a 3rd in the other and took a 2nd in the Am Derby.

These pups tore it up at the GSP of Mid TN. There were three derby stakes to run in and between the two dogs they took home 6 ribbons. 2 firsts, 2 seconds, a third and a fourth. It was a pleasure being down there and watching them go!

Heinz - sold to a pure hunting home has been tearing it up in the fields and his owner couldn't be more happy. Owner Nick Schepp's claims he is the best pup he has ever seen.

From a competitive standpoint - all 7 pups that were to be trialed have place. Out of that 6 have wins. Out of the 6 wins 5 are derby wins. Two of the pups are pointed out of all open/Am puppy/derby points. All by the age of 16 mo! I am very happy with what they are showing and can't wait in a year or so when we start seeing them in broke stakes. I don' t know if I'll be able to keep info current on this post as the pups are just placing way too much! I will attempt to keep my website current with records as best I can but will most likley not keep this post up to date anymore - just too much!

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:31 pm

Congrats Art that has turned out to be an outstanding breeding.Are you leaving Dee with Dan for awhile?
Good luck in the fututre with them.

Ted