My name is Ryan and I'm a Duckaholic

labman21

My name is Ryan and I'm a Duckaholic

Post by labman21 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:58 pm

Man, I went out this afternoon to Lake Helena, and there were plenty of birds. I was walking what little open water is left and eventually found the honey hole. Unfortunately there wasn't any cover for me to get to them with so they saw me and flew away, but......

On the way back I am not thinking much about anything just heading back to the car and there is a mallard hen in the water 30 yds ahead of me. My heart jumps and so does she and two other hens and a magnificent Drake. First Shot.... drop two hens.

Second and Third didn't seem to hit the Drake but oh well.

I killed two birds in one shot. I was so pumped. All I want to do anymore is duck hunt. It's an obsession.

For this late in the season it has been AMAZING!!

I'll post pictures later :D
A dog is only as good as his trainer.

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Re: My name is Ryan and I'm a Duckaholic

Post by birddog1968 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:52 pm

its one of the best addictions you can have......

Try setting up some decoys in that lil honey hole you couldnt sneak.......might be pleasantly surprised.
Nothin like landed em in the decoys.
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

Doodle

Post by Doodle » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:22 pm

All people that venture out duck hunting with me are required to sign a release...that they nor their families will hold me responsible because they have a HIGH probability of becoming addicted. Welcome! I was NEVER going to waterfowl but owning a dog that loves this made that impossible. I am proud of my addiction. Now accept it and run with it. I try to keep it to 12 or less decoys purchased per year. So far, I have spent minimal $ on the blinds. The real bill will come when I can buy the fully tricked out duck boat. We all must have a dream.

GrayDawg

Post by GrayDawg » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:58 am

Ryan,
Fear not- there is hope for you.............
it's called 3 1/2 inch shells !! :lol:

Rob
May all your dog's points be productive & your arrows avoid all timber