ISCA Quail Classic brag

jetto

ISCA Quail Classic brag

Post by jetto » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:59 pm

Gotta brag on the youngster a bit....On Friday at the Irish Setter Club of America's Quail Classic event held at Kildeer Plains in Ohio our Joey- Russell's Joseph's Journey placed 2nd in the Derby Classic! It was a small entry but QUALITY including some of the biggest names in AKC field trialing Irish Setters in the country.

We're especially proud that he was handled by our friend Cassie Allen who he barely knows. Carl had to work at the last minute and so I rushed Joey down to Kildeer and basically handed him off to Cassie and away they went. He spent a moment or two looking for a familiar face but then he was off and running. Our trainer (who Joey has spent no time with as of yet) Jesse Chapman was braced with him and said he did a really nice job for Cassie. They said he had a large gallery watching as he pointed a bird and held it to let Cassie get in front of him and flush and fire before speeding off after the bird. I heard alot of nice comments as everyone came back in. I was banished to the clubhouse for the entire brace so he didn't try to find "mom". :roll:

And big Congrats to Cassie since her boy Gandalf - Mythodical's Russell's Hail Gandalf WON the Derby Classic! She was one happy lady Friday night!

During the weekend trial our Brittany, Jet placed 3rd in the Amateur Limited Gun Dog and our Irish Setter Flynn had a nice run in that stake but unfortunately went birdless. We won't talk about the other two stakes they ran in and managed to get themselves in trouble! LOL! Joey finished up his weekend by placing 4th in the competitive Open Puppy stake. He was the only amateur handled puppy in the horseback stake and still has some maturing to do to run against the English Setters and Brits. But he'll get there! Kristi

battman1

Re: ISCA Quail Classic brag

Post by battman1 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:25 pm

Congrats to you guys.

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:31 pm

Congratulations to you, Carl & Cassie!
ImageImage
Woodland's Spirit of Big Oaks & Woodland's Money Pit

jetto

Post by jetto » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:46 pm

Thanks guys! Being as this is "my" Irish Setter I was especially proud of him being able to adjust to a new person like that at only 11 months old. I had to leave him with Cassie and her trainer Jean Webb to get pictures done for the ISCA magazine later in the afternoon and that was HARD to do! He was upset that I was leaving him on a strange line of dogs but I had to get home and help Carl pack up the camper, van and the other 5 dogs to get them there for the weekend trial. But Joey was one happy puppy when we got back and he went back to HIS van and HIS dogs and HIS people! LOL! Have never seen a dog so happy to see the other dogs before and our youngest Brittany Cruz almost wagged his crate right off the top tier he was so happy that his bud Joey was back!

It was a fun weekend. Hot, dry and high cover at KP this fall but still a fun weekend! Anyone trialing there later this season be aware that on the course across from the clubhouse-right before you get to the first pond- there is a sink hole. Pro trainer Dan Long and his horse went down in that on Sunday afternoon for a scary moment. Dan had a swollen knee and the horse overheated but all came out well in the end. But be aware there is a ditch/hole about 4' long and 2-1/2' deep on that course near the pond. Kristi

ckfowler

Post by ckfowler » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:25 pm

Congrats! Cruised your website and all the dogs look very stylish. Really nice to see the Irish dogs in the field.
Colin

Maverick

Post by Maverick » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:28 pm

Congrats on the weekend results! Sounds like your setter has a good future ahead of him.

Mav...
We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare.
And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

Knine's Ghost Rider

Paisley

Ch Ruffwood's Dixie Girl FD

Elroy's Bandit

Post by Elroy's Bandit » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:24 pm

Congratulations on what sounds like the start of many more great weekends!! :D
Bill L.

Kiki's Mom

Post by Kiki's Mom » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:07 am

I'm a tad late with this as I just managed to find this thread Kristi. I have had precious little computer time of late. A huge Congrats to you guys!!!! A job well done. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: