first dog first trial

mmbrown

first dog first trial

Post by mmbrown » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:23 pm

I took my pup khloe to the hawkeye birddog club nbha trial this weekend. It was our first for many things. Our first trial, first time to run with another dog, first time for my pup to be around horses, and during her first heat cycle and my first time handling in a trial. We were braced with a great setter ran by larry carpenter. He has super nice setters and took first and second in the puppy class and I followed in 3rd place. I could not be happier with my lil girl khloe in her first trial. On Saturday I went up and watched the shooting dogs run and got to watch doug meyer run his dogs. He is a very nice man he let me ride his horse while he ran his dogs which was nice of him. Every person there was so helpful and generous in my first trial experience. I couldn't have been happier for our first trial and pleased with khloe taking home 3rd place especially behind mr. Carpenter's dogs.
Matt brown

Gertie

Re: first dog first trial

Post by Gertie » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:54 pm

Congratulations! Where was the trial?
'Dogs don't live long enough. Their only flaw really.' A.S. Turnbull
'Gertie'

mmbrown

Post by mmbrown » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:00 pm

The trial was at pike run kennels in west liberty iowa

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:51 pm

Wow congratulations that was a ton of firsts...and a placement...that's impressive.

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:42 am

Congrats Matt! Larry and Doug (as well as Ryan and many of the others) are great supportive individuals. Glad you were able to run your dogs and watch some braces. Unfortunately our club (http://www.12oclockftc.com/) also ran an NBHA trial last weekend or many of us would have come over and ran at Ryan's trial. Looking forward to meeting many of you soon!

Troy08er

Post by Troy08er » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:05 pm

That's awesome, looks like to got off to a great start.
mmbrown wrote:I took my pup khloe to the hawkeye birddog club nbha trial this weekend. It was our first for many things. Our first trial, first time to run with another dog, first time for my pup to be around horses, and during her first heat cycle and my first time handling in a trial. We were braced with a great setter ran by larry carpenter. He has super nice setters and took first and second in the puppy class and I followed in 3rd place. I could not be happier with my lil girl khloe in her first trial. On Saturday I went up and watched the shooting dogs run and got to watch doug meyer run his dogs. He is a very nice man he let me ride his horse while he ran his dogs which was nice of him. Every person there was so helpful and generous in my first trial experience. I couldn't have been happier for our first trial and pleased with khloe taking home 3rd place especially behind mr. Carpenter's dogs.
Matt brown
Kresha's Gator of Troy
TK'S OILDALE RUNNER
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson