*** Justus Kennels . net *** Revised Photo Gallery

Forum rules
1) All SUBMIT YOUR SITE submissions must be related to topics of hunting, hunting dogs (and field trial horses), game animals/birds, hunting dog competitions, or related services, equipment, supplies, etc.

2) You must be the owner or authorized agent of the website that you're submitting for listing
Ayres
GDF Junkie

*** Justus Kennels . net *** Revised Photo Gallery

Post by Ayres » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:07 pm

http://www.justuskennels.net

My website is totally redone. I switched the name from Justus Vizslas to the current name, Justus Kennels. Wasn't able to get a .com, so I settled for a .net.

Everything is done in a fluid design, so it looks pretty much the same no matter what your screen size. You can even adjust your browser window size and the website automatically resizes to fit everything. Also, everything is W3C compliant and validates. I've found this solves a lot of problems when developing websites and testing them on different web browsers.

I've still got more content to come, and will need to be updating things on it soon, but the entire site is crossed over into the new design and everything checks.

Let me know what you think, and if you spot a problem PM it to me so I can fix it. :wink:
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

AceofSpades41

Post by AceofSpades41 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:53 pm

Great looking site, easy to navigate :D

midwestfisherman

Post by midwestfisherman » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:04 pm

Very nice site!
Image * Image

"Your best conservation tool is a well trained hunting dog"

mtlee

Post by mtlee » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:19 pm

good looking and user-friendly

Casper

Post by Casper » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:03 pm

I see a problem.

In your URL there is an "s" at the end of the kennel. But you have only one dog. You and wifey got a couple pups on order?

Your all done with school now so you aught to get you a couple pups to fill up your time.

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:14 am

Casper wrote:I see a problem.

In your URL there is an "s" at the end of the kennel. But you have only one dog. You and wifey got a couple pups on order?

Your all done with school now so you aught to get you a couple pups to fill up your time.
Working on that one. Actually, working on getting kennels built, and then I already have a good idea of how I'm going to fill them.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Don
GDF Junkie

Post by Don » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:42 am

What's the difference between a .com and a .net?
Never set your dog up to fail - Delmar smith

The greatest room in the world is the room for improvement - William F. Brown

Some people think to much like people and not enough like dogs!

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:21 pm

.com stands for "commercial"
.net stands for "network"

.com, .net and .org (organization) are the three most common non-governmental url extensions. I used .net because the .com (the most recognized extension) was already taken by a cyber-squatter.

A cyber-squatter is someone who registers a bunch of common names in hopes of turning a profit by selling those names to people who really want them.

Other url extensions used more and more nowadays include .us (United States), .tv (television), .biz (business), etc.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Re: *** Justus Kennels . net *** Revised Photo Gallery

Post by Ayres » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:07 am

*** Update ***

I've now revised my photo gallery. I'd been neglecting my own site because of other obligations, but we've started building and now I've got more pictures to add. Check out "Kennel Building Phase 1" by visiting the site, http://www.justuskennels.net , and clicking on "Photo Gallery". Or, just visit the direct link here: http://www.justuskennels.net/gallery.php

Like always, if your web browser does not have javascript enabled (some people disable javascript for security purposes - mostly overkill, imho), the gallery defaults back to a .php version so nothing is lost.

I'm also working on getting a video gallery uploaded. I'll have to wait until further into the week, though, because I'm currently dealing with bandwidth limits at home. (Satellite internet. Ugh. Can't wait to move and get on DSL.)
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com