vom Gänsehimmel Kennel

Forum rules
1) All SUBMIT YOUR SITE submissions must be related to topics of hunting, hunting dogs (and field trial horses), game animals/birds, hunting dog competitions, or related services, equipment, supplies, etc.

2) You must be the owner or authorized agent of the website that you're submitting for listing
DKRick

vom Gänsehimmel Kennel

Post by DKRick » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:52 am

We are a Deutsch Kurzhaar kennel located in North Dakota. We usually have a least one litter of pups a year. We hunt our dogs, and run them in German hunt test and live with them in our home. They are excellent dogs for the foot hunter and family companion. Please visit our site for more information and to learn about the Deutsch Kurzhaar.

http://www.vomgansehimmel.com

AceofSpades41

Post by AceofSpades41 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:30 am

Rick,

Great website, those are some great looking dogs... :D

DKRick

Post by DKRick » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:35 am

Thanks Todd,

I am not sure I have as many as you :D. But it is enough.

Rick

AceofSpades41

Post by AceofSpades41 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:03 am

Rick,

Could you elaborate on what's required for the German Hunt Test.

1. What do you earn as far as designation?
2. Is it open only to GSP's/GWP's?

A lot of folks have stated that it is very similiar to NAVHDA Utility Test.

If you don't mind put it on the General Chat for everyone. I'm always trying to learn.

Thanks

DKRick

Post by DKRick » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:17 am

Todd,

I just don't know. I don't mind talking about it but that is part of the reason I came on this board was not to get into heavy discussions. I wanted to be up front and honest that yes I do have DK's though. I can try it but I do not want to open up a flaming. This is a hot sore subject to many. The test are only open to FCI registered and qualifeid dogs. I will open a new topics under the General and see.

Rick

AceofSpades41

Post by AceofSpades41 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:45 am

Rick

I understand I feel the same way you do. For example my opionion on the Black GSP.... What can I say I like the abuse LOL :D

Thanks Again...

JakeDD

Nice dogs!

Post by JakeDD » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:04 pm

Rick - I usually hunt from Kenmare to Crosby/Noonan each fall - my in-laws live up there. I would love to meet up sometime and see your DKs in action. As you can probably tell by my username, I'm a DD guy, but am intrigued by the DKs as well. :)

Brad, aka JakeDD

DKRick

Post by DKRick » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:18 pm

JakeDD,

That would be great. As you are aware we are not that far from Kenmare. I hunted for awhile by Wildrose but hunting fell off there and I have not been over that way as much. It would be great to see you and your DD in action as well. As you know it is hard to get duck hunting in around here by water but we could try that. In the fall I am often busy and have to work around that dirty word of a job, but hope we could figure something out.

Rick