Great Basin Kennel

Forum rules
1) All SUBMIT YOUR SITE submissions must be related to topics of hunting, hunting dogs (and field trial horses), game animals/birds, hunting dog competitions, or related services, equipment, supplies, etc.

2) You must be the owner or authorized agent of the website that you're submitting for listing
cgbirddogs

Great Basin Kennel

Post by cgbirddogs » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:48 pm

We are a small kennel located in Southern Nevada that offers Elhew Pointers for sale, and on occasion a shorthair litter. I know most of yall are interested in shorthairs, and to that end our shorthair stud Buster is a young son of Uodibar's Shoot The Moon and FC/AFC PFK Dunfur's Y Fly. I've been told that several of his littermates are winning on the field trial circuit. Buster was only trialed briefly, but his wins include a Open Derby first in the Nevada Bird Dog Classic under the whistle of Sheldon Twer. My buddy who owns him is a wild bird hunter and doesn't see the benefit of trialing as I do. To each his own. Stop by and check out our website and have a look around. Good luck to everyone in the upcoming hunting and field trial season.

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:09 pm

cgbirddogs wrote:I know most of yall are interested in shorthairs,
You know, the forum has gotten that kind of rep over time but if you go and count the dogs I think you'll find there are almost as many, if not more, pointer, vizsla and brittany owners on the forums. If we're lacking numbers anywhere I'd say it would have to be weims and GWPs. Heck, we've even got some of the rarer breeds represented here.

The real knock on the "Gun Dog" forum is that it's really mostly comprised of pointing breeds. We do allow the flushers and the retrievers to come play too, most just don't show interest for some unknown reason.

As for your website, I like it. Nice, clean, easy to read layout. Seems a little narrow, though, even for the 800x600'ers out there. But, hey, that's a lot better than having to use the h-scroll. :wink:
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

cgbirddogs

Great Basin Kennel...revised

Post by cgbirddogs » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:46 pm

We've updated the format of our website, including our opening photo. Hope yall like it.