Backyard fun

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Backyard fun

Post by DGFavor » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:41 pm

Stitch is away at a trial, Trixie is at Dunfur Kennel hobnobbing with the blue bloods, hunting seasons are over...just leaves Lily, Bugsy, Scoots and me to entertain ourselves.

This is how I start working the pups to get ready for horsebackin':
http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s55/ ... gMount.flv

Who? Us?

Nice day to just lounge in the grass - my good 'ol girl Lily:

Does anybody have any info/advice on how to edit videos on your computer? I haven't figured out how to cut out the parts I don't want to keep and also wonder about how to maybe connect one video stream to other video streams - I'm working on a full length feature film 30 seconds at a time! :D

glk7243

Post by glk7243 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:23 pm

Doug,
You need a viedo editing program. There are lots of them out there for around $100. My new computer has a free one on it, Windows Movie Maker. It is really basic. I have done a lot of video editing using the Sony Vegas program. It is a lot more than you would want or need.
Gary

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:27 pm

Doug,

Tell us how you picked your pup out of the litter. What did you see that caught your attention? It's always interesting to see just what does it for everyone. I sometimes like to try and go back and ask myself that same question.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

12 Volt Man

Post by 12 Volt Man » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:27 pm

Great pics. That pup looks very nice.

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:11 pm

Thanks Gary! I'll check that stuff out to see if I can edit my vid's a little better. Didn't sound like the best weekend for the club trial. Sounds like our dogs stank it up pretty good - oh well, not the first time!! Might be rethinking doing any trials this spring - just can't get excited about it - we'll see. Maybe if we can get out and start finding some more birds I'll get more motivated - so far, it's been pretty dismal.

Ezzy - I really struggled to decide which pup to take. They were all so similar. You just can't see the "intangibles" in the little dudes at this stage so best to just grab one. I grabbed the biggest, baddest one that demonstrated the best current 2007 in vogue style - should mean he'll be a good bird dog!! :roll: :wink:

Flush

Post by Flush » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:37 pm

Cute pup.

If you have MS Windows, you should have Windows Movie Maker already.
It can do the basics, like splicing etc... You can also add narration or music etc... I posted some videos a while back hunting Huns in Idaho and I did it all on Windows Movie Maker using a bunch of different clips from the camera.

-Flush

Stump

Post by Stump » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:13 am

Man doug Nice dogs, I really wanted one of your litter. you pup is awsome. Cheers Stump

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:42 am

Stump - Did ya' get your new little pup? We need pics! I'm sure it's in the GDF fine print somewhere that all newly aquired pups get their smiling mugs posted on here! :D

Stump

Post by Stump » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:49 am

DGFavor wrote:Stump - Did ya' get your new little pup? We need pics! I'm sure it's in the GDF fine print somewhere that all newly aquired pups get their smiling mugs posted on here! :D
No Doug I didn't get Him yet. He'll be here on the 30th. I got a buddy bringing him this way from Burns. I'll have lots of pics. until then I just keep looking at your little bundal of trouble and dream. LOL Corny Huh? Anyway. Im just learning as much as I can from all of you. This is the best web site Ive ever been on. You all are awsome and very helpful. Thanks so much!!