Kennel build suggestions needed

mm

Kennel build suggestions needed

Post by mm » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:32 am

Looking for suggestions on what to do inside my new in and out kennel. I have the outside kennels not sure what I want to do inside. I like to know what other people have done.[attachment=0]20240215_150111.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]20240215_150102.jpg[/attachment][attachment=2]20240215_150055.jpg[/attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ckirsch

Re: Kennel build suggestions needed

Post by ckirsch » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:07 am

Looks like you're going to have a beautiful setup!

I have something somewhat similar for my two dogs. Inside the garage, over the dog doors, I have a ten foot workbench sitting along the wall on top of a mesh kennel that I had custom welded. Each dog has a 2x4 wood box alongside a 3x4 space in which they are fed and watered, and a door allowing me to access the dogs from inside the garage. The workbench above the interior portion of the kennels is very functional for cleaning guns, trimming nails, cleaning ears and teeth, etc. Cabinets above the bench provide storage for collars, shells, gun cleaning supplies, dog maintenance items, etc.

Outside I have Priefert 5 x 10 kennels on a concrete pad with a drain in the center, which empties out around forty yards down hill in my back yard. Very easy to hose out, but I was fortunate in that my yard is on a fairly steep draw. so I had the grade needed for the system to work.

My garage is well insulated, but I rarely turn the heat on there. It still stays above 45 even in the coldest South Dakota weather, and I have doors on the inside boxes that probably keep them close to sixty inside, with the dogs' body heat being retained. On the bottom of the boxes I have black plastic grates, which have served well to prevent the dogs from developing pressure sores from laying on the plywood.

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:16 pm

Any updates? Looking forward to some progress reports. That is going to be a nice set up.

Garrison

mm

Post by mm » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:17 am

I put up the outside kennels and the gutters but I still have not done anything inside. I still have to finish the outside kennels I am going to enclose the top. Its coming along.[attachment=0]20240229_071224[1].jpg[/attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:33 pm

Looking good! Diverting that roof water away is going to be a huge help.

Garrison