Older Dogtra RRD transmitter

acolic

Older Dogtra RRD transmitter

Post by acolic » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:41 pm

Hi

I picked up an older Dogtra RRD transmitter and two receivers.

Well they’re not working.

I thought the transmitter battery was dead but I purchased a new one and the set is still not working.

I can see the red light on both the transmitter and receiver’s glow when they are being charged.

When I press the launch or duck sound button on the transmitter the red light on the transmitter does not glow.

Perhaps someone with this set up can tell me what is the voltage and amperage of the charger that came with this unit.

And how to pair the transmitter to the receivers.

Thanks

Alex

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Re: Older Dogtra RRD transmitter

Post by cjhills » Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:24 am

I am not familiar with that model, but you could give Collar Clinic a call. They know everything about E-collars........Cj

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Post by RayGubernat » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:31 am

Alex -

Sounds like there might be something wrong with the transmitter. I would check the anenna to make sure it is not corroded and frmly connected. I would also open up the transmitter and look carefully if to see if there is a broken connection somewhere, especially the connection to the antenna. I'd call Dogtra tech service for starters and if no help, then contact Collar Clinic a cJ suggested.

RayG

acolic

Post by acolic » Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:46 pm

Hi

I followed your suggestions.

I also took out my multimeter to make sure the battery was good and that things were charging.

No corrosion anywhere on the small motherboard board.

I happened to find an old school, electronics technician who likes a challenge and who’s troubleshooting my transmitter.

I did call Collar Clinic, but the repair fee made it uneconomical. For the same amount repairing the old one, I can buy a new one.

Not sure if this is a problem but the receiver LED continues to blank red. It’s not a solid continuous read.

On my new Dogtra receivers it’s a solid red.

Anyone know if the red indicator is supposed to blink or not on the older receivers?

Thanks.

Alex .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldbeek

Post by oldbeek » Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:55 am

I have a dogtra RRS ser.01648. Dont know how old. Receiver light stays solid red after turned on. I sent my set to Dogtra service about 7 years ago. One receiver was not working. Cost was under $50.00 and they Got them back to me in 7 days.

oldbeek

Post by oldbeek » Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:04 am

email them with your serial no. at repair@dogtra.com for specific repair questions. There is a operations manual at dogtra.com