Dog Box for truck suggestions

Elhewramblinman

Dog Box for truck suggestions

Post by Elhewramblinman » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:13 pm

What are y’all’s suggestions on dog box brands? Looking at Owens brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

art hubbard

Re: Dog Box for truck suggestions

Post by art hubbard » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:39 pm

Deer Creek

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:26 pm

art hubbard wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:39 pm
Deer Creek

I have a Deer Creek dog house and I can attest to them making a good product. If I had a truck without a shell and I didn’t routinely need the use of the bed, I would look at their offerings as well as some others. You need something well insulated in the back of a truck, especially for the heat. Some of the diamond plate boxes I have seen have very little if any insulation.

I use my old Excursion for hunting most of the time and found this uninsulated aluminum job for $50 on Craigslist and had a shop fix a broken weld. It helps with space in the back of the rig, I can fit more gear on the sides, but storing it and moving it is a downside. I also have two ruffland kennels with mud creek insulated covers. If it is not a semi permanent fixture, the two crates are much more functional, easier to stash and easier to move when solo.

Garrison
F4EA467D-FA48-4FAD-BB27-1A4709EC471B.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Garrison on Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mosby

Post by Mosby » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:35 am

I hunt by myself most of the time and have to move everything on my own, so I use individual kennels. Like Garrison said, more functional and easier to move. I hunt in Iowa most years and if I was looking for a dog box, I would look at Ainley dog boxes out of Iowa. They seem to make nice stuff.

Elhewramblinman

Post by Elhewramblinman » Sun May 01, 2022 7:51 am

Where can I find info on Deer Creek? I’m not having much luck

SwitchGrassWPG

Post by SwitchGrassWPG » Sun May 01, 2022 8:47 am

I've had an Owens box for close to 15 years and it's just as good as the ones you pay more for.

Coveyrise64

Post by Coveyrise64 » Sun May 01, 2022 9:36 am

SwitchGrassWPG wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 8:47 am
I've had an Owens box for close to 15 years and it's just as good as the ones you pay more for.
.... X1

cr

Elhewramblinman

Post by Elhewramblinman » Sat May 07, 2022 6:04 am

As we all know God has a sense of humor. I have been researching boxes since this post. Most I have contacted were 1-2 years out, yes years because working a everyday job is now a myth in our country.

I stop at the local hangout on the way to church for gas( country market with two gas pumps, old timers talking the weather and politics)Both pumps were blocked and the truck that was blocking the pump I was at had a like new Owens two dog with top storage. I walked by the man an acknowledged the box and how nice it was. Without hesitation he says, “I’ll take 600 cash I got another at home and 600 what’s I paid for this one.. I have only had my dogs in it two times.” U-turn…….Well long story short it’s mine now. It will get me through for many years. I’m sure I will upgrade it some point in my life.

Just a Saturday morning cup of coffee reminder the lord shows up when your obedient and least expect it!

Michael

Shrhr

Post by Shrhr » Tue May 10, 2022 11:24 am

North star plastics in Iowa. Buddy has one and it has held up really well. I am looking at having them build me one