New pointing dog guys! Free magazines! Learn how here...

Steve007

New pointing dog guys! Free magazines! Learn how here...

Post by Steve007 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:46 am

I first took up bird hunting and shotguns as an adult, when I knew how to learn things and had the money to invest in doing so. As part of my education, I subscribed to quite a few magazines. Pointing Dog Journal, Gun Dog, Shooting Sportsmen, Retriever Journal and others. As happens, they have accumulated and I think I'm peaked out on my knowledge.

Some of the best information -- and best literature on the subject-- lies within the pages of these magazines, and I am reluctant to throw them away (despite suggestions from my wife). If this would be of interest to a to a relatively new participant in the sport, I would be happy to send you three or 4 pounds of various magazines at no charge. They are in excellent condition, and are within the past 20 years.

Drop me a note with name and contact information and I will get them in the mail. If you have a particular interest in shotguns, let me know and I will orient the package more towards Shooting Sportsman Magazine.

Steve

Garrison

Re: New pointing dog guys! Free magazines! Learn how here...

Post by Garrison » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:40 pm

I hope you received a PM or two. Such a nice offer to go unused.

Garrison

Steve007

Post by Steve007 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:05 pm

Yes. I sent off a good sized package today to a member who responded. As I look at these magazines, I'm impressed with the amount of quality information -- and general good reading-- that is there. They were extremely valuable to me when I was first starting out. Lots left, if anybody is interested. No charge.

Shrhr

Post by Shrhr » Tue May 10, 2022 10:52 am

I just sent you a .essayed about the magazines

Steve007

Post by Steve007 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:55 am

Just a note to get this back up to the top. Several members --- one active, one non-posting lurker-- have been sent boxes of magazines and both found them to be useful. My supply of "Retriever Journal" is now low, as one of the requesters had labs. But I have Pointing Dog Journal, Gun Dog, Shooting Sportsman and a number of others.

No charge. Just contact me. I found these magazines to be extremely worthwhile in the past.