WPG Breeders/Suggestions

Gridiron and Grouse

WPG Breeders/Suggestions

Post by Gridiron and Grouse » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:59 pm

Hey everybody:
After doing quite a bit of research, I’m very interested in WPGs. I’m starting to look at breeders and I’m a little overwhelmed. I was hoping I could get some suggestions on here. I’m located in Northwest Pennsylvania. If anyone has any suggestions on any East Coast Breeders or even into Canada (Ontario) please let me know. I’m willing to travel for the dog.

I’m looking for a good grouse dog, that I could also train to blood track. I have a 2 and 4 year old so I’m looking for a good house dog. I’m hoping for a female pup on the smaller end of the breed standard. Any info, breeders, or leads would be greatly appreciated.

Also, any additional insight you have to offer on the breed is also welcomed. I’ve joined every WPG group I could find on Facebook and have been reading everything I could find.

Mosby

Re: WPG Breeders/Suggestions

Post by Mosby » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:06 pm

I saw a reference to a WPG kennel on another forum so I thought I would provide a name. Bluestem Kennels in South Carolina. They used to be located in NE but have moved to SC, which might work to your benefit. They seem to be heavily involved in NAVHDA fwiw.

https://bluestemkennels.com/about-our-dogs/