Wow!!

Garrison

Wow!!

Post by Garrison » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:51 pm

I don’t normally post about such divisive subjects, but everyone is thinking it. So I am just going to put it out there.

There is no better vehicle to take your bird dogs to and from the field than a 2003 Ford Excursion.

Up until one of them gets sprayed by a skunk; that was a long drive home! :( :lol:

Garrison

shags
GDF Junkie

Re: Wow!!

Post by shags » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:32 am

Uurrrrrppp! :| :| :|

And you know that dog would go right back again tomorrow and take another hit :wink:

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:54 am

Yeah.. Had that happen a lot with my Expeditions. Pretty easy to deskunk the dog with the baking soda and peroxide mix, if it is not too cold. I get accustomed to the smell, but eating in a restaurant is an experience. Makes social distancing easier though.........Cjhills

Max2

Post by Max2 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:41 am

Last day of a job - Last 5 minutes of job. Bed of truck full to the top of truck rack with equipment. Front seat just room for driver & dog . Farmer just spread liquid manure ..... Where did Max go ? ( Previous pup) on his return to truck to embark on half hour ride home. He looks all wet .... :D

RyanDoolittle

Post by RyanDoolittle » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:46 am

One of the many reasons I use a pick up with a shell or insulated kennel covers.

birddogger2

Post by birddogger2 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:53 am

Years ago my dad's choice of hunting vehicles was a full sized Chevy station wagon. He had several over the years. There was an open grate separating the dog compartment from the passenger compartment.

We made several trips home with all the windows open in the dead of winter because of what the dogs got into.

After I married, hunting vehicle of choice was a pickup truck with a cap on the back. Still is.

RayG

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Post by gonehuntin' » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:11 am

Around us, one of the prime dangers to a dog is rolling in rotting salmon guts in the fall. It doesn't hurt the dog until I catch him. :D That also makes for a fragrant ride home.

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:26 pm

gonehuntin' wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:11 am
Around us, one of the prime dangers to a dog is rolling in rotting salmon guts in the fall. It doesn't hurt the dog until I catch him. :D That also makes for a fragrant ride home.
I didn’t take your advice when I had the chance and paid for it. Bottle of Nature’s Miracle ordered on Amazon last night! :D

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:11 pm

cjhills wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:54 am
Yeah.. Had that happen a lot with my Expeditions. Pretty easy to deskunk the dog with the baking soda and peroxide mix, if it is not too cold. I get accustomed to the smell, but eating in a restaurant is an experience. Makes social distancing easier though.........Cjhills
Cjhills,
I missed the accustomed to and eating out after part of your post on the first pass. :lol: Now that is a true dogman! You are a much harder man than I my friend. A tip of the hat to you sir. I had my head hanging out the window trying not to puke.

Garrison