Muzzle loader season

Max2

Muzzle loader season

Post by Max2 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:03 am

I know ! This is a dog site however this is the off topic section :D Here where I live we have a little over a week of muzzle loader season about to begin. Thinking on purchasing a tag and hitting it hard for a week just for the heck of it. Havn't muzzle loaded in many years but figured because of the time available I might give it a go. Years back when it came to late season I never tried to use attractant scents but swore by them in the early archery season.

My question - does anyone find scent or any other methods work best late season . I remember in past years I would just hunt like the regular fire arm season of either spot & stalk or post. Field edges on a bright sunny late season afternoon has worked also.

What say you ?

granite7

Re: Muzzle loader season

Post by granite7 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:41 pm

When I hunted back east, I was never much of a scent user. Sorry I can’t help with that.

I always liked sitting travel corridors and edges during muzzleloader. Unfortunately, mz was always January in Ohio and it was seriously cold to sit still for long.

Hunting the west has made me much more comfortable still hunting through bedding cover. I think I would be doing that to stay warm if I had the chance to mz hunt back east.

Max2

Post by Max2 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:48 am

Been getting out and seeing them but just not the right one . After being successful during the regular firearm season I have been being selective. Storm has probably shut it down for this year . From my tree stand pic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

granite7

Post by granite7 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:48 pm

Good for you! I hope the right one comes along for you. I do miss whitetail hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk