Coyotes

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Coyotes

Post by Sharon » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:32 pm

Had 2 coyotes try to take down my Jack Russel for brunch this week. Thankfully, I had remembered to take the dog spray. I know coyotes have to live too , but not my dog.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

weimdogman

Re: Coyotes

Post by weimdogman » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:53 pm

You said you cant shoulder a gun , how about a pistol? Birdshot if you dont want to kill em.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:34 pm

That's a thought, but a pistol can only be used on a range at a gun club here in Ontario, and the incident was on city property so no firearm could be used. I'll just stay away from that area in the future.

(edited)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

BigTub

Post by BigTub » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:42 pm

"... coyotes have to live too..." NOT IF I HAVE ANYTHING TO DO ABOUT IT!

RyanDoolittle

Post by RyanDoolittle » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:48 pm

Bought myself a 22 mag lever action and a scabbard to hang off my saddle just for those coyotes.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:50 am

Sharon:
Would two coyotes be a match for one Jack Russel? He must be getting old.
What Time Zone does this forum come from. It is 6am at my house 8am on the forum.....Cj

birds

Post by birds » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:17 am

BigTub wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:42 pm
Come to end of 'em yet? Last time I was chasing quail in AZ the song dog population seemed to be thriving in spite of all the animosity :wink:

Sharon - what is "dog spray"? I have nothing against coyotes either but I agree - I would draw a sharp and definitive line line if my dog was in trouble. We have lots of them - I see them nearly every time I'm out. But they always seem to be heading for the far ridge...

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:21 pm

cjhills wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:50 am
Sharon:
What Time Zone does this forum come from. It is 6am at my house 8am on the forum.....Cj
Normally they wouldn't be a match, but he has cancer and is living one day at a time. That's weird about the time zone. Daylight Savings time here. I don't get up till noon and go to bed at midnight , so I definitely wasn't posting at 6a.m. :)

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:24 pm

birds wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:17 am
BigTub wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:42 pm
Come to end of 'em yet? Last time I was chasing quail in AZ the song dog population seemed to be thriving in spite of all the animosity :wink:

Sharon - what is "dog spray"? I have nothing against coyotes, either but I agree - I would draw a sharp and definitive line line if my dog was in trouble. We have lots of them - I see them nearly every time I'm out. But they always seem to be heading for the far ridge...
It's a spray that burns the dogs eyes/mouth so they leave. Akin to bear spray , but we can't use bear spray on coyotes here as it too hard on them they say :roll: They are practically lining up at McDonald's here.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:51 pm

Sharon wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:21 pm
cjhills wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:50 am
Sharon:
Normally they wouldn't be a match, but he has cancer and is living one day at a time. That's weird about the time zone. Daylight Savings time here. I don't get up till noon and go to bed at midnight , so I definitely wasn't posting at 6a.m. :)
I Guess that would be right if it is Eastern Daylight saving Time it would be 6 Central. I was just a little surprised since there is only one time one tomy east that I know of......Cj