Dog house

verg

Dog house

Post by verg » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:21 pm

All 3 of my labs are outdoor dogs. Two are living in kennel built into garage. Another is on a slab with kennel and a Dog Den 2 house. Going to move others out on slab next spring so will be purchasing a couple new houses. I see they changed their build? Any reviews on the new dens or any other house? thanks

Garrison

Re: Dog house

Post by Garrison » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:33 pm

I have an old style Dog Den and a Deer Creek Uplander. I like the overall construction of the Uplander a little more. More solidly constructed in all areas except for the door which is pretty thin metal. Can’t beat the Dog Den doors. Deer Creek also makes a really nice divider style house which is nice for the hot months and I imagine is much easier to keep bedding in during the winter. Sorry no experience with the new style Dog Den.

averageguy

Post by averageguy » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:33 am

I have two of the old style dog dens and two of this Uplander model. The Uplander is the best design and construction I know of. The removable divider inside has a swinging door as well. You can order the door in different materials. If a dog does not chew on it the metal one works fine. Being offset and inside eliminates drafts. Mine do not have the exterior door show in this model photo and that is my preference. Leaves a tunnel with more air flow that the dog can choose to lie in depending on the weather. That same material on the outside can be purchased as an upgrade lining to the entire interior as well which is what I did on the latest one I bought.

https://www.qcsupply.com/deercreek-32x3 ... gLNqPD_BwE

averageguy

Post by averageguy » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:19 pm

verg,

I snapped a couple of photos this evening while putting some straw in the dog houses so you could see what I mentioned about the Uplander dog houses.

Lined upgrade model with a metal door that I discovered the puppy had chewed on a bit. Three sheet metal screws attached the top hinge so no big deal to replace. Garrison mentioned the doors on the dog den which can be purchased as a standard alone product. It would be simple to use that door in the divider if a person was so motivated to do so.

Standard interior model with the plexiglass door. It is better than the metal as long as dog does not chew on it. My adult dog has not for 4 years he has lived in that house but some other dog might.

verg

Post by verg » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:22 pm

Thx..i like that!