Our Beloved GSP Miranda

ChetB

Our Beloved GSP Miranda

Post by ChetB » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:52 pm

There are folks who don’t understand all the pieces that have to come together for a dog to meet and exceed her potential. Randy Coffelt, Nancy Collins Coffelt and Keith and Robbi Jo Barnes Gulledge all had a hand in helping mold Miranda and get her off to a good start. They understand.

As a bird dog, Miranda was as intelligent as they come. She was relentless, driven, focused and always eager to please. I’m pretty "bleep" sure I learned as much from her as she did from me. She was patient with me when I made a mistake, forgiving when I missed an easy shot, then she’d always go find the bird again to give me a second chance. She possessed an amazing nose and she hunted with an enthusiasm that was a joy to watch ... she loved what she was doing as much as I enjoyed watching her.

As a family pet, we could not have asked for more. She loved every one of us exactly the way God tells us to love ... unconditionally. She trusted us without reservation. She brought more pure joy into my life than maybe I deserved. She was my best friend, constant companion, always loyal, never judgmental.

I will miss her for the rest of my days, but I know that someday we will meet at The Rainbow Bridge and cross it together.

RIP my good girl.
Miranda 2008 - 2020

shags
GDF Junkie

Re: Our Beloved GSP Miranda

Post by shags » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:59 pm

Condolences for the loss of your Miranda. It sounds like she was beyond a good one. Peace to your family.

Irishwhistler

Post by Irishwhistler » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:46 pm

Chet,
Very sorry to read of this. Never easy letting them go. Godspeed to Miranda and comfort to all those that love her.

Sincerely
THE DOG WHISTLER ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:07 am

Sorry for your loss :cry:

marysburg

Post by marysburg » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:05 pm

What a wonderful tribute to a dog who brought you and your family so much joy. Sorry for your loss; it's so hard to see them go.

birddogger2

Post by birddogger2 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:45 am

ChetB -

A wonderful tribute to a treasured companion and "partner in crime". You and your family had 12 years with her and that IS a long time. You re so right that they give you everything they have, unconditionally and without reserve. We, most often, do not deserve that level of devotion. I know i don't.

When a dog like that goes, they DO leave a hole in your heart and your soul. It is an emptiness that calls out to be filled, at least partially by another four legged friend. Another dog will not fill the hole exactly , but will fill it partially then and make a new space for itself.

There will always be a little place that will remain unfilled, and that is what those 12 years of memories are for. You will always have those memories.

Run free Miranda. Hunt 'em up.

RayG

ChetB

Post by ChetB » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:55 pm

Thanks, everyone, for your kind words and condolences. Yes, Miranda was an exceptional dog and her passing will leave a big empty space in our lives and home for a long time. There is a new GSP out on the horizon for us. I suspect it will be sooner, rather than later.

ChetB

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:56 pm

Sounds like you have some wonderful memories. Sorry for your loss.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett