Insulated Kennels

ex28

Insulated Kennels

Post by ex28 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:44 pm

I just purchased a Gunner G1 Intermediate for my GSP and am wondering when everyone feels an insulated cover like Mud Rivers is needed. I had one on my Ruff Land kennel but I'm not convinced it wasn't overkill. What are your thoughts? How cold is too cold without an insulated cover?

PoorMansWrangler

Re: Insulated Kennels

Post by PoorMansWrangler » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:33 pm

I am a fan of my insulated cover, I use it whenever it gets below 40 degrees. I stuff my ruffland kennel full of straw, put the cover on and he typically will fall asleep back on the drive home. A couple things to note, please do not trust the tie down attachments on the insulated cover, they are just sewn in and not very strong. I cut a small slot for the actual crate tie downs to protrude out, so I can properly anchor them. Also, I treated the outside of my insulated cover with a water proofing spray, and it seemed to help for the surprise rain/snow.

Mosby

Post by Mosby » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:46 pm

I put a cover on if I expect day time temps to start dropping below 50 but I have Vizsla's and they are used to staying in the house.

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:16 pm

That is kind of a moisture and wind dependent question. Back of a truck? Keep them dry and out of the wind, on a insulated floor and they are pretty happy.