Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: A little about you...
Post by BigK75 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:33 pm

My name is Claude and I live in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. I am 45 years old and have been hunting for the last 20 years or so. I am married and have 13 year old daughter who also wants to hunt. She is getting a Churchill 820 for her birthday but does not know it yet :) My daughter has been bugging me about getting a dog for years. This we finally decided to pull the trigger and we are now the proud owners of 4 month old Brittany Spaniel named Cooper. I am hunting deer and as of this year I will spending much time hunting Pheasant, Grouse and Woodcock. Thanks for letting me join the forum. I have many questions and am eager to learn and teach my dog the ropes :)

from Sharon

You are very welcome here. Always nice to have another Canadian. :) Many good folk here who will be able to answer any of your questions.

(moved this to General Chat as the "a little about you " category is not putting new posts at the top.)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

birddogger2

Re: New member

Post by birddogger2 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:26 pm

BigK75 -

Welcome aboard. As Sharon said, there are lots of folks on here that want to help you to be successful in the field. It is why we are here.

Hunting behind dogs for upland game has it own, very special rewards. You will find that out for yourself. I am excited for you.

I also think it is awesome that your daughter wants to hunt. I treasure the memories of my son's early forays in the field...first helping me work with the dogs and then hunting with me. I am sure you will also. Get her involved with the dog's training. It will help in many ways.

Getting her a shotgun of her very own. Great move, I think. Way to go, Dad.

RayG

Meller

Post by Meller » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:17 pm

Welcome!
We will look forward to seeing your progress with that puppy. :)

setterpoint

Post by setterpoint » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:07 am

Wecome- some great dog people on here, and a few that want to point out ever word you say, but most will try and help all they can .
Keep us posted on the new pup.

mobirddog

Post by mobirddog » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:39 am

Welcome, I've had Britts all my life. You will enjoy having and hunting with Cooper.

Featherfinder

Post by Featherfinder » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:40 am

Congrats to you and your daughter!

marysburg

Post by marysburg » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:56 am

Hello and welcome to the forum! It's great that you want to make hunting a family activity with your daughter. There is a lot of great help available here. Contact your local NAVHDA chapter and go to a training day to see what it's like. Ontario Grand River is your nearest one, I think. Friendly people and a non-competitive atmosphere. Have a great summer with your pup..

Max2

Post by Max2 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:53 am

Welcome !