Cost of dog transport?

Quailtail

Cost of dog transport?

Post by Quailtail » Fri May 29, 2020 6:10 am

I am finding the informaton on flying a dog from a breeder but curious as to the price difference in transporting by ground.

Can someone shed some light on the expected cost to haul a dog from Kansas or Oklahoma to Central KY?

Any dog haulers to stay away from?

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Re: Cost of dog transport?

Post by cjhills » Fri May 29, 2020 8:02 am

Gundog Express: $350 to haul a dog from Virginia to Central Mn. I do not know if the distance makes a difference. I think this was farther than you are talking about. You have to go by their schedule so it can take some time to get it set up. Also the dog might be on the road for a few days. Other than that It seems to work well. They do a nice job of caring for the dogs. I shipped a number of adult dogs with them. It saves me a 300 mile round trip to the airport. Air shipping is much quicker and may be less traumatic for a young puppy...….Cj

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Fri May 29, 2020 10:16 am

It was few years ago, I used Buckeye Dog Haulers(eastern 1/2 of US) to haul a couple of pups. I think it was around $300 back then (airline was about same cost). Picked up at my door and delivered to the door of the buyer. You still have to supply a health certificate to transport the animal. I prefer airlines because you know for sure when it will arrive and it is faster. :roll:

RyanDoolittle

Post by RyanDoolittle » Fri May 29, 2020 3:56 pm

I am going to follow along because I will need transport for a dog from east Iowa to Montana at the end of july. So if any dog haulers are looking at this please feel free to get in touch.

The last dog I bought I flew from Iowa to Great Falls MT and it was about $200 for an 8 week old puppy in 2013. In 2015 or 16 I flew him from Great Falls to Kentucky and that was just over $300.