Trekmoor/Bill/Wullie

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Trekmoor/Bill/Wullie

Post by polmaise » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:54 pm

Some transatlantic friends may already be aware ,but I thought the rest may want to know ?
This cantankerous old git is not too well ......well I am not surprised , he must be about 150 years old ! I have known him for too long ,that he makes me feel old!
He posted this recently on another channel (the one those nasty folk in the world ,think I don't see .lol)
"Bugs Bunny said it all at the end of his cartoons so I used his words.
This is very hard for me to write , I am feeling very emotional or even fearful. I've been in hospital for about a week . I was very ill for a while and my wife called in the doctor who shoved me into hospital at once. At first they thought I had T.B. or maybe some very infectious illness from the jungles of Africa, hence the protective clothing and face masks everyone wore around me.... it is odd to only be able to see the eyes of someone who is speaking to you.

I was put into isolation in a room and all the nursing staff, doctors etc. who had to enter the room had to wear protective clothing and face masks ! :roll: I was CT scanned and infectious illnesses were eventually ruled out . I had pneumonia but while CT scanning me for that , 3 "dark patches" were found on my lungs and one fairly large tumour was found inside them.

So "That's all folks" …….. I will write in when I can ."
I for one , hope that auld git ,gets back to full fitness , be that coughing and spluttering his usual p%*sh which gives such amusement to everyone including me .
Atb .mate . Robert ...yer best pal :lol:

shags
GDF Junkie

Re: Trekmoor/Bill/Wullie

Post by shags » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:08 pm

Thanks for letting us know, Robert.

All kinds of birddog mojo and best wishes to Bill.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:39 pm

Sorry to hear Bill is unwell. He has made a tremendous contribution here; hope he sees improved health in the new year.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

birddogger2

Post by birddogger2 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:56 pm

Polmaise -

This is troubling news indeed, but it was kind and thoughtful of you to let us know. I thank you for thinking of us.
Good friends are a treasure. Know that there are folks on this side of the pond who count you both as such.

Please know that you both will be in my prayers this holiday season. Trekmoor so that he may weather this storm and you, to stay strong for him.

God bless.

RayG

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:42 am

Polmaise:
Thanks for sharing.
I will really miss Bill's wise posts. Get well, Bill......Cj

Trekmoor
GDF Junkie

Post by Trekmoor » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:01 am

Thanks folks. I was taken into hospital with pneumonia but during CT scanning, dark areas on my lungs and a tumour in one of them was discovered. It doesn't look good but I am hoping for the best.

Bill T.

fishvik

Post by fishvik » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:11 pm

Bill, We're all pulling for you.

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:33 pm

Trekmoor wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:01 am
Thanks folks. I was taken into hospital with pneumonia but during CT scanning, dark areas on my lungs and a tumour in one of them was discovered. It doesn't look good but I am hoping for the best.

Bill T.
I have put my spade back in the shed ! :lol:
If you are buried at Sea ,don't have me as a friend to hold a chord on the coffin.
Call you at the weekend ...If you don't answer ..I'll know you are out with the dogs .
yer best pal
Robert

Featherfinder

Post by Featherfinder » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:08 am

Bill, I sincerely hope and pray you get well.
I also hope you are out of that hospital soon. We need you more than they do!
Wull need yae back tearin' the tartan!

crackerd

Post by crackerd » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:53 am

If we could only get green cards for the two Scottish "Skinflintstone" chums to ply their gundog training trade over here, they both would revitalized physically and fiscally by the opportunities that lie-eth before them. Trust me, that's no joke...

MG

art hubbard

Post by art hubbard » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:29 pm

Get well soon...Art

marysburg

Post by marysburg » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:17 pm

You really are OOOR WULLIE. I always look forward to your comments here and learn from your sage advice. You and Polmaise give balance to so many discussions. We're pulling for you, and you are in our prayers.

gundogguy

Post by gundogguy » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:48 am

Robert thanks for keeping us all in the loop! Bill/wullie you are such a joy get better and come out and play with the dogs and us

Hal