a techie problem

Trekmoor
GDF Junkie

a techie problem

Post by Trekmoor » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:31 am

For the last few days I have had difficulty accessing this forum. It now comes under the heading of "ANAMI."

Is this now to be the norm ? I would have asked this question by P.M. but there doesn't seem to be a way of doing that under the ANAMI heading.

I am probably the least computer minded person I know of and don't know what to do to get back onto the original gundog forum....... I hope someone can help .

Thanks

Bill T.

CDN_Cocker

Re: a techie problem

Post by CDN_Cocker » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:36 am

Yeah whatever this new host is, it's horrendous.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Fishmongerjoe

Post by Fishmongerjoe » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:50 am

My iPhone tells me the server is not secure so I am hesitant to type my info into the main sight. Logged in via Tapatalk no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

art hubbard

Post by art hubbard » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:59 am

this new format is terrible

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Post by gonehuntin' » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:02 pm

I agree. What a "bleep" format.

ckirsch

Post by ckirsch » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:20 pm

It wasn't broke, so the attempt to fix it was a mistake.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:26 pm

Yes, new software. Nobody likes change. I'm struggling and learning along with the rest of you. Time should help us all get more comfortable with this software.
If you click on a member's name you can still PM.

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:36 pm

Trekmoor wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:31 am
For the last few days I have had difficulty accessing this forum. It now comes under the heading of "ANAMI."

Is this now to be the norm ? I would have asked this question by P.M. but there doesn't seem to be a way of doing that under the ANAMI heading.

I am probably the least computer minded person I know of and don't know what to do to get back onto the original gundog forum....... I hope someone can help .

Thanks

Bill T.
It is to fit in with the new Gender equality laws Wullie , It is actually called " An Am I" ? . :lol:
ps , I have also been requested to not address you as I have always done "Wullie " .It apparently offends some folk . :roll: :lol:

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:26 pm

Sharon wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:26 pm
Yes, new software. Nobody likes change. I'm struggling and learning along with the rest of you. Time should help us all get more comfortable with this software.
If you click on a member's name you can still PM.
There are changes that do not warrant learning and we may have the perfect example here on our forum. This has lost much of the ease of use we had with no sign of improvements. I do understand the reluctance for change and the uncomfortable feeling we all have during any changeover period but I also understand that our members are where our power comes from and their ability to communicate with the other members. This has not enhanced that ability in any way and will end up killing us with out some quick and essential revisions back to where we were or close to it.

Ezzy

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:45 pm

All I know is I spent two days trying to figure out what was wrong with my ipad, since I couldn't access this site :P

I am glad it's back up in whatever form.

That unsecure website notice came up on my device for about a year with the previous format. I read that it has something to do with the way the url is written, not with anything untoward. I've had no problems at all.

Trekmoor
GDF Junkie

Post by Trekmoor » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:25 am

"It is to fit in with the new Gender equality laws Wullie , It is actually called " An Am I" ? .
ps , I have also been requested to not address you as I have always done "Wullie " .It apparently offends some folk . "

Hi Robert, I noticed the above and it took me a couple of seconds to understand why some folk might be offended by the name I am so often known by.
In Scotland, if you are given the name "William" you are very unlikely to ever hear it used ….. except by officialdom. A man with that name will be called Bill or Billy or Willie or Wullie…...often depending upon who the person you are talking to is. My immediate family all call me Billy.....my "pet name" as a boy.

As I grew older the people I met called me either Bill or Wullie and I happily answer to either. No man in Scotland would be offended if he was called Wullie……. and the people being called that are surely the ones that really matter ? We even have a very well known book published every year called " Oor Wullie" which translates to Our William.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

The new format is not one I like so I suppose I will have to lump it. I had believed the problem to be entirely mine ….. I thought I'd pressed a wrong button somewhere on the computer ! :oops:

Bill T.

NEhomer

Post by NEhomer » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:26 am

I would be happy to make a donation if the cost of the old website was an issue. This format a serious disappointment.

Urban_Redneck

Post by Urban_Redneck » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:05 am

I'm not a "change is bad" guy, but, it appears there is no photo direct uploader. That is bad.

Steve007

Post by Steve007 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:35 pm

Grrr!!! Took me DAYS to log in – – connection for "I forgot my password" did not work – – and I finally had to contact the administrator, once I figured out how to do it.

If I used profanity to describe my feelings, no doubt I'd get warned or banned. So I'll just say, this change is distinctly NOT for the better.

No telling how many members have tried to login, failed, and said to heck with it. I almost did too.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:40 pm

Steve007 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:35 pm
Grrr!!! Took me DAYS to log in – – connection for "I forgot my password" did not work – – and I finally had to contact the administrator, once I figured out how to do it.

If I used profanity to describe my feelings, no doubt I'd get warned or banned. So I'll just say, this change is distinctly NOT for the better.

No telling how many members have tried to login, failed, and said to heck with it. I almost did too.

Me too. I contacted someone on the Versatile Gun dog forum to see if it was me or the site. It would have been nice to have a warning that the site would be down for 3 days.
I'm sure though that the administrator is doing his best to make this site "easy to use" for all.

** Make sure you have logged in again to the new software. Click on your avatar( top right corner) and see if you are logged in.

Mike da Carpenter

Post by Mike da Carpenter » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:37 am

Sometimes change is good. This is NOT one of those times. Site was fine before, more complications for a bunch of older people (who are only getting older) set in their ways doesn’t accomplish much.

Sorry, but there are way to any other options out there and zero interest in coming back here to this “New” way of doing things.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:01 am

I log in the same as ever don't see a lot of change in the way things work
I hope they changed how you could quote a post , either your own or somebody elses, then delete parts, change a few words or ad something to change the post. Four times now that has happened to mine..........Cj

crackerd

Post by crackerd » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:08 am

Now it's the doppelganger of the Trekmoor home pitch - spittin' image. Well done, Bill, no techie problemo!

MG

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:45 pm

cjhills wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:01 am
I log in the same as ever don't see a lot of change in the way things work
I hope they changed how you could quote a post , either your own or somebody elses, then delete parts, change a few words or ad something to change the post. Four times now that has happened to mine..........Cj
Always let me know when this happens.

Trekmoor
GDF Junkie

Post by Trekmoor » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:29 pm

crackerd wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:08 am
Now it's the doppelganger of the Trekmoor home pitch - spittin' image. Well done, Bill, no techie problemo!

MG
As Crackered has just said this "channel" has just changed again .... this time to one I do like ! :D It is the exact same as the one in Britain that I have infested for many years and can make work. The British one does allow for several pics to be posted at the same time as long as they are not too big.

When I logged on to this forum about 10 minutes ago I at first thought I'd selected the British site button by mistake. :roll: The only difference for me between this forum and the British one is that on the British one I sign myself off as " Wullie" and I am known by that name by those that use the forum.

In short I am now happy with this change.

Bill T.