"THE NATURAL" - A Gun Dog Hopeful

Irishwhistler

"THE NATURAL" - A Gun Dog Hopeful

Post by Irishwhistler » Sun May 20, 2018 4:33 am

Aye Mates,
Every now and then a pup comes along that makes one really stop in wonder at their natural abilities exhibited, me new pup "MAC" is just such a pup. I have been about Labrador retrievers for near four decades now and have had ample opportunity to see the gamut o' abilities that are seemingly driven as encoded by DNA driven traits and we all are hopeful that selective breeding efforts will bring to the table as the special qualities we seek. Efforts made to tip the scales for favorable outcomes are given genetic considerations but there is still always a degree of unexplained chance that see some pups exhibit seemingly gifted traits comparative to others and we all hope to be fortunate enough to be the recipients of such pups. Bird drive, intelligence, great temperament, an "on / off" switch, a natural propensity to retrieve, love for water, proficiency in marking ability, persistence of hunt / strong work ethic, and a great nose that translates to strong scenting and tracking abilities are all qualities that I look for in a retriever trainee. Enter me wee lad "MAC", a pup sired by me own gun dog TRAD and a beautiful dam named AUTUMN. To date, MAC is showing all o' the precocious tendencies I love to see in a retriever pup and I will do all that I can to enhance and hone his natural gifts into the many skill sets that combine to make for a fine retriever gun dog and a pleasurable companion both whilst afield and at home.

_MG_4674Resized_Fotor THE NATURAL.jpg
Retriever pup trainee "MAC" is a quite bold, seemingly fearless twelve week old that exhibits a nice natural retrieve of birds that he gives chase to with high drive and a puppy style that speaks of grace in motion coupled with a strong love of feathers. MAC has taken his first swims as left to his own innate schedule and has shown no aversion to shots fired from a 209 revolver whilst he is at a distance and occupied with birds or older dogs.

I look forward to bringing MAC along to great proficiency as both a companion gun dog and as a K9 hunt test athlete as his natural abilities see the potential that well planned and executed training will bring to realization.

Cheers,
THE DOG WHISTLER
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.