Johnny House Plans

ben33127

Johnny House Plans

Post by ben33127 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:23 am

Anyone have 4'x4' plans. I have the phantom plans but its just too big for me to transport. I'd be more than happy to share the phantom plans for 4'x4' plans. I'm sure many can do this w/o a layout, but I'm a horrible carpenter and tend to do better while following a template.

wolski

Re: Johnny House Plans

Post by wolski » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:12 pm

Ive seen ideas and plans out there in the web. try youtube. ive seen them elsewhere do a hard google search

cistone00

Post by cistone00 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:21 pm

Featherfinder

Post by Featherfinder » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:30 pm

As with most things, johnny houses have evolved. A key to a utile house is to ensure the recall entrance has an isolated area. In-other-words, should you have birds re-enter through the recall funnel, that section should not allow those birds to regroup with the already housed birds. The reason is that in the event that you have a predator enter through that same funnel, it might kill those recalled birds BUT it cannot access the main part of the johnny house where the larger number of birds are domiciled.....if you know what I mean? In fact, if you have a persistent predator, you can use this isolated compartment to trap him in, and then relocate the misdirected poor soul.

Carolina Gundogs

Post by Carolina Gundogs » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:16 am

I have the regular old style 4x4 Johnny Houses and occasionally have a young possum or snake to get in but not very often. I have looked hard at the predator proof funnels but have never purchased one.

I even found a small hawk stuck in the recall funnel once.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:53 am

Well it's really pretty easy. Make a wooden box about 6' high. Put a hinged screen panel up about 18" more then a roof on that. At the bottom put an opening they can re enter but not leave through. I think it was Lion Country where I got my re-entry funnel's. Cut an entry door for yourself on one side. Making those and pigeon loft's is really simple just don't over think it. One draw back to a johnny house is you need some where to put it where you have a lot of room to fly the birds. I only have 10 acre's and just not enough room.

fishvik

Post by fishvik » Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:25 pm

Johnny House Plans

Section 8 allows pets. Section 8 rental properties are classified as non-federally subsidized housing, which means that you will not have to pay rent to the government each month. This is great news for anyone who wants to live in a Section 8 housing unit, but it also means that you will not be required to pay for pet care or pet deposits on top of your monthly rent payment. If your landlord does not allow pets in your apartment, you can still choose to buy a pet if you wish.

The answer is yes. Section 8 housing provides a voucher to pay for rent, and you can take your pet with you. If you have more than one pet, they may need to be separated so they don't fight over food or toys.

If you are approved for a Section 8 voucher, your landlord must allow pets as long as they are well-behaved, clean and quiet. You can also choose to leave the animals at home when you go out.

Source: https://sectionpedia.com/does-section-8-allow-pets/