EP / GSP Breeder Recommendations

Ms. Cage

Re: EP / GSP Breeder Recommendations

Post by Ms. Cage » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:00 am

You guys are forgetting the amateur who raises, trains, handles their own dogs . Some of those folks are as skilled as any pro out there. These folks might raise one litter a year . Many hours of thought are put into the litters they produce out of their quality bitch.

RockyTop1384

Post by RockyTop1384 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:15 am

Thanks for the different feedback everyone. AlPastor, I understand the point that there are many good EP and GSP dogs out there. Part of the fun for me is to learn more about the landscape of these breeds and meet different people who have a passion for these dogs both as hunters but also family companions. Through different posts and PMs, I feel like I am starting to accomplish just a little bit of that. For me, its not just about finding the dogs with the best bloodlines, forking out the cash, and having them mail me a puppy. I prefer to meet the people and dogs from where I might buy my next pup....seeing that my next pup comes from a good environment, from good dogs, and good people is just as important to me as bloodlines, etc. That may not be everyone's train of thought, but it is mine, and the beauty of it is that each person can go at the situation their own way.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:24 am

RockyTop1384 wrote:Thanks for the different feedback everyone. AlPastor, I understand the point that there are many good EP and GSP dogs out there. Part of the fun for me is to learn more about the landscape of these breeds and meet different people who have a passion for these dogs both as hunters but also family companions. Through different posts and PMs, I feel like I am starting to accomplish just a little bit of that. For me, its not just about finding the dogs with the best bloodlines, forking out the cash, and having them mail me a puppy. I prefer to meet the people and dogs from where I might buy my next pup....seeing that my next pup comes from a good environment, from good dogs, and good people is just as important to me as bloodlines, etc. That may not be everyone's train of thought, but it is mine, and the beauty of it is that each person can go at the situation their own way.
Al is right about many good pups but the big thing that hasn't been addressed is what is a good pup for you may be and likely is completely different that what someone else think is a good pup. I still find way too many people concentrating on single factors that they like and ignoring other important factors that maybe more important to me.

Rocky, you are doing it just right if you are comfortable with it, as at this stage you are the only one you need to please.

Ezzy